- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York pride haus Los Angeles party haus Miami Las Vegas London Pride New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality benefit haus travel Washington DC GayCities Photos Chicago Theater San Francisco Fire Island
Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bar to Dance Your Ass Off?
Dec 07, 2010 by Chris Bull
Sir Francis Bacon stated that “knowledge is power,” and we here at GayCities couldn’t agree more. So we created guides to world’s top gay dance clubs. But now we are asking you to declare the winners in Best of GayCities: The World According to Gays.
Sir Francis might not have appreciated all the bouncing bootie in Best Bar to Dance My Ass Off. But you, dear GayCities member, most certainly do. Which is why we are asking for your to vote for your favorite! If none of the nominees are up your alley, just write one in. You might even win a trip for two to Berlin, compliments of airberlin.
Splash, New York City
Most out-of-towners consider this a must-stop when in NYC. Large video screens blare dance remixes, hot bartenders/waiters pour strong drinks, and weekly themed party nights serve up dancing, go-gos galore and more. Too much for you? Then stop in the lounge downstairs. Oh, and make sure you check out the bathroom (or is that another lounge?). Either way it’s worth the trip. Vote for Splash.
The Week, Rio De Janeiro
Located in the up-and-coming Saúde district near the international airport, Rio’s vast megaclub The Week attracts thousands of mostly upscale, shirtless “barbies” (known in the states as “gym queens”) with its cutting-edge dance music spun by top international DJs. Vote for The Week.
Underground SF, San Francisco
This is a slightly out of the gayborhood bar with a packed dance floor and small patio in back. Sometimes go-go boys mount the bar for some show-off fun. It can get very crowded, but the hip crowd is sexy and frisky. Party nights vary, with some of the best–Mall Maddness, CockFight and Gemini Disco–taking place on Saturday nights. Vote for Underground SF.
Cool is perhaps the most popular dance club for a mixed queer/not-so-queer crowd in Madrid. With two floors and three areas for partying, there’s plenty of room for everyone to get down. The scene is fashionable and international, with hard rhythms to keeps the stylish crowd swaying til the morning light. Vote for Cool.
Horse Meat Disco, London
Buzzy weekly event providing happiness and gayness to “alternative”, mixed dance-lovers throbbing to everything from Italo disco to punk-funk. An all-inclusive queer party for homos, heteros and beyond, with not an ounce of prejudice against bears, fashionistas, naturists, guerilla drag queens and ladies who munch. Plus weekly buffet, happy hour, decorations and spontaneous acts of exhibitionism. Vote for Horse Meat Disco.