- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco travel Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Marriage Equality New York City GayCities Theater Washington DC Pride Fire Island party haus London Chicago benefit haus New York Los Angeles Miami Photos pride haus
Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bar to Dance Your Ass Off?
Dec 07, 2010
Sir Francis Bacon stated that “knowledge is power,” and we here at GayCities couldn’t agree more. So we created guides to world’s top gay dance clubs. But now we are asking you to declare the winners in Best of GayCities: The World According to Gays.
Sir Francis might not have appreciated all the bouncing bootie in Best Bar to Dance My Ass Off. But you, dear GayCities member, most certainly do. Which is why we are asking for your to vote for your favorite! If none of the nominees are up your alley, just write one in. You might even win a trip for two to Berlin, compliments of airberlin.
Splash, New York City
Most out-of-towners consider this a must-stop when in NYC. Large video screens blare dance remixes, hot bartenders/waiters pour strong drinks, and weekly themed party nights serve up dancing, go-gos galore and more. Too much for you? Then stop in the lounge downstairs. Oh, and make sure you check out the bathroom (or is that another lounge?). Either way it’s worth the trip. Vote for Splash.
The Week, Rio De Janeiro
Located in the up-and-coming Saúde district near the international airport, Rio’s vast megaclub The Week attracts thousands of mostly upscale, shirtless “barbies” (known in the states as “gym queens”) with its cutting-edge dance music spun by top international DJs. Vote for The Week.
Underground SF, San Francisco
This is a slightly out of the gayborhood bar with a packed dance floor and small patio in back. Sometimes go-go boys mount the bar for some show-off fun. It can get very crowded, but the hip crowd is sexy and frisky. Party nights vary, with some of the best–Mall Maddness, CockFight and Gemini Disco–taking place on Saturday nights. Vote for Underground SF.
Cool is perhaps the most popular dance club for a mixed queer/not-so-queer crowd in Madrid. With two floors and three areas for partying, there’s plenty of room for everyone to get down. The scene is fashionable and international, with hard rhythms to keeps the stylish crowd swaying til the morning light. Vote for Cool.
Horse Meat Disco, London
Buzzy weekly event providing happiness and gayness to “alternative”, mixed dance-lovers throbbing to everything from Italo disco to punk-funk. An all-inclusive queer party for homos, heteros and beyond, with not an ounce of prejudice against bears, fashionistas, naturists, guerilla drag queens and ladies who munch. Plus weekly buffet, happy hour, decorations and spontaneous acts of exhibitionism. Vote for Horse Meat Disco.