- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel party haus Las Vegas London Theater GayCities Washington DC Miami pride haus Fire Island benefit haus Los Angeles Photos Marriage Equality Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago New York New York City San Francisco
Best of GayCities, 2010: Best Bar to Dance Your Ass Off?
Dec 07, 2010
Sir Francis Bacon stated that “knowledge is power,” and we here at GayCities couldn’t agree more. So we created guides to world’s top gay dance clubs. But now we are asking you to declare the winners in Best of GayCities: The World According to Gays.
Sir Francis might not have appreciated all the bouncing bootie in Best Bar to Dance My Ass Off. But you, dear GayCities member, most certainly do. Which is why we are asking for your to vote for your favorite! If none of the nominees are up your alley, just write one in. You might even win a trip for two to Berlin, compliments of airberlin.
Splash, New York City
Most out-of-towners consider this a must-stop when in NYC. Large video screens blare dance remixes, hot bartenders/waiters pour strong drinks, and weekly themed party nights serve up dancing, go-gos galore and more. Too much for you? Then stop in the lounge downstairs. Oh, and make sure you check out the bathroom (or is that another lounge?). Either way it’s worth the trip. Vote for Splash.
The Week, Rio De Janeiro
Located in the up-and-coming Saúde district near the international airport, Rio’s vast megaclub The Week attracts thousands of mostly upscale, shirtless “barbies” (known in the states as “gym queens”) with its cutting-edge dance music spun by top international DJs. Vote for The Week.
Underground SF, San Francisco
This is a slightly out of the gayborhood bar with a packed dance floor and small patio in back. Sometimes go-go boys mount the bar for some show-off fun. It can get very crowded, but the hip crowd is sexy and frisky. Party nights vary, with some of the best–Mall Maddness, CockFight and Gemini Disco–taking place on Saturday nights. Vote for Underground SF.
Cool is perhaps the most popular dance club for a mixed queer/not-so-queer crowd in Madrid. With two floors and three areas for partying, there’s plenty of room for everyone to get down. The scene is fashionable and international, with hard rhythms to keeps the stylish crowd swaying til the morning light. Vote for Cool.
Horse Meat Disco, London
Buzzy weekly event providing happiness and gayness to “alternative”, mixed dance-lovers throbbing to everything from Italo disco to punk-funk. An all-inclusive queer party for homos, heteros and beyond, with not an ounce of prejudice against bears, fashionistas, naturists, guerilla drag queens and ladies who munch. Plus weekly buffet, happy hour, decorations and spontaneous acts of exhibitionism. Vote for Horse Meat Disco.