- Fifteen Trending Places To Visit 2015
- Photo Exhibit Celebrates Art & AIDS: Amor y Pasión
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Photos Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus New York San Francisco London travel Las Vegas party haus Fire Island Marriage Equality pride haus Los Angeles Chicago New York City Miami Theater GayCities
Top 10 Cocktails to Celebrate Thursday’s Dining Out for Life
Apr 27, 2010
Thursday night’s Dining Out for Life is is all about great food and giving generously to HIV/AIDS organizations. That’s why GayCities is co-sponsoring the event this year. But we are also anticipating toasting the evening with a cocktail–or three. So we scanned our 688 participating Dining Out for Life restaurants for examples of great cocktails, and came up with a list of ten amazing concoctions.
The GayCities team has made reservation at Poesia in the Castro, and we are already salivating over the cocktail menu. It includes the Poesia Margarita, a clever combo of Patron Silver, Contreau and fresh orange juice and the 18th Street, which features Tanqueray 10, Pimm’s and cucumber. Come stop in and say hi if you are in the ‘hood.
Here are other major Dining Out for Life cities, with some of our favorite eateries and featured cocktails:
Starbelly–known for its fabulous Carpano Antica over ice
Cowtippers–Try the Sex with an Alligator, featuring the dangerous combination of Midori, Jagermeister and sour mix
Jack’s on Halsted–Bloody Jack is mixed with vodka, house made bloody mary mix, and served ice cold, straight up with Wasabi stuffed olives
Gobi Mongolian BBQ–Sample the Gobi Sunset of Soju, fresh pineapple juice and grenadine
Hamburger Mary’s–The house Cosmo Martini’s are a local fave, managing to effectively combine two of the gayest drinks ever invented
Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar–Try the Naga Saki, known as “Heaven the Tipsy Delight”
English Ivy’s–Any flavor Malibu rum mixed with Carolina sweet tea vodka
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen–Plenty of cocktails to be had, but we love the imported Chimay Grande Reserve Beer from Belgium
Commissary–Commi-Kado, original Margarita with vodka, tequila, triple sec and sweet lime, straight up
After your cocktails and meal, don’t forget to review the restaurant on GayCities. Write three reviews this month of April and you’ll be automatically entered to become GayCities Next Top Food Reviewer and win some great prizes.