- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York gay travel Fire Island Photos Pride party haus pride haus travel Theater Miami Los Angeles San Francisco Washington DC GayCities London Marriage Equality Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago New York City
Top 10 Cocktails to Celebrate Thursday’s Dining Out for Life
Apr 27, 2010
Thursday night’s Dining Out for Life is is all about great food and giving generously to HIV/AIDS organizations. That’s why GayCities is co-sponsoring the event this year. But we are also anticipating toasting the evening with a cocktail–or three. So we scanned our 688 participating Dining Out for Life restaurants for examples of great cocktails, and came up with a list of ten amazing concoctions.
The GayCities team has made reservation at Poesia in the Castro, and we are already salivating over the cocktail menu. It includes the Poesia Margarita, a clever combo of Patron Silver, Contreau and fresh orange juice and the 18th Street, which features Tanqueray 10, Pimm’s and cucumber. Come stop in and say hi if you are in the ‘hood.
Here are other major Dining Out for Life cities, with some of our favorite eateries and featured cocktails:
Starbelly–known for its fabulous Carpano Antica over ice
Cowtippers–Try the Sex with an Alligator, featuring the dangerous combination of Midori, Jagermeister and sour mix
Jack’s on Halsted–Bloody Jack is mixed with vodka, house made bloody mary mix, and served ice cold, straight up with Wasabi stuffed olives
Gobi Mongolian BBQ–Sample the Gobi Sunset of Soju, fresh pineapple juice and grenadine
Hamburger Mary’s–The house Cosmo Martini’s are a local fave, managing to effectively combine two of the gayest drinks ever invented
Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar–Try the Naga Saki, known as “Heaven the Tipsy Delight”
English Ivy’s–Any flavor Malibu rum mixed with Carolina sweet tea vodka
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen–Plenty of cocktails to be had, but we love the imported Chimay Grande Reserve Beer from Belgium
Commissary–Commi-Kado, original Margarita with vodka, tequila, triple sec and sweet lime, straight up
After your cocktails and meal, don’t forget to review the restaurant on GayCities. Write three reviews this month of April and you’ll be automatically entered to become GayCities Next Top Food Reviewer and win some great prizes.