- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities New York Pride Miami New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Washington DC Marriage Equality party haus pride haus Las Vegas benefit haus Theater Los Angeles Chicago London San Francisco Fire Island travel
Top 10 Cocktails to Celebrate Thursday’s Dining Out for Life
Apr 27, 2010 by Chris Bull
Thursday night’s Dining Out for Life is is all about great food and giving generously to HIV/AIDS organizations. That’s why GayCities is co-sponsoring the event this year. But we are also anticipating toasting the evening with a cocktail–or three. So we scanned our 688 participating Dining Out for Life restaurants for examples of great cocktails, and came up with a list of ten amazing concoctions.
The GayCities team has made reservation at Poesia in the Castro, and we are already salivating over the cocktail menu. It includes the Poesia Margarita, a clever combo of Patron Silver, Contreau and fresh orange juice and the 18th Street, which features Tanqueray 10, Pimm’s and cucumber. Come stop in and say hi if you are in the ‘hood.
Here are other major Dining Out for Life cities, with some of our favorite eateries and featured cocktails:
Starbelly–known for its fabulous Carpano Antica over ice
Cowtippers–Try the Sex with an Alligator, featuring the dangerous combination of Midori, Jagermeister and sour mix
Jack’s on Halsted–Bloody Jack is mixed with vodka, house made bloody mary mix, and served ice cold, straight up with Wasabi stuffed olives
Gobi Mongolian BBQ–Sample the Gobi Sunset of Soju, fresh pineapple juice and grenadine
Hamburger Mary’s–The house Cosmo Martini’s are a local fave, managing to effectively combine two of the gayest drinks ever invented
Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar–Try the Naga Saki, known as “Heaven the Tipsy Delight”
English Ivy’s–Any flavor Malibu rum mixed with Carolina sweet tea vodka
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen–Plenty of cocktails to be had, but we love the imported Chimay Grande Reserve Beer from Belgium
Commissary–Commi-Kado, original Margarita with vodka, tequila, triple sec and sweet lime, straight up
After your cocktails and meal, don’t forget to review the restaurant on GayCities. Write three reviews this month of April and you’ll be automatically entered to become GayCities Next Top Food Reviewer and win some great prizes.