- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality San Francisco Photos GayCities Las Vegas New York New York City pride haus London Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel Theater Chicago Washington DC Miami travel Pride party haus Fire Island
Top 10 Cocktails to Celebrate Thursday’s Dining Out for Life
Apr 27, 2010
Thursday night’s Dining Out for Life is is all about great food and giving generously to HIV/AIDS organizations. That’s why GayCities is co-sponsoring the event this year. But we are also anticipating toasting the evening with a cocktail–or three. So we scanned our 688 participating Dining Out for Life restaurants for examples of great cocktails, and came up with a list of ten amazing concoctions.
The GayCities team has made reservation at Poesia in the Castro, and we are already salivating over the cocktail menu. It includes the Poesia Margarita, a clever combo of Patron Silver, Contreau and fresh orange juice and the 18th Street, which features Tanqueray 10, Pimm’s and cucumber. Come stop in and say hi if you are in the ‘hood.
Here are other major Dining Out for Life cities, with some of our favorite eateries and featured cocktails:
Starbelly–known for its fabulous Carpano Antica over ice
Cowtippers–Try the Sex with an Alligator, featuring the dangerous combination of Midori, Jagermeister and sour mix
Jack’s on Halsted–Bloody Jack is mixed with vodka, house made bloody mary mix, and served ice cold, straight up with Wasabi stuffed olives
Gobi Mongolian BBQ–Sample the Gobi Sunset of Soju, fresh pineapple juice and grenadine
Hamburger Mary’s–The house Cosmo Martini’s are a local fave, managing to effectively combine two of the gayest drinks ever invented
Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi Bar–Try the Naga Saki, known as “Heaven the Tipsy Delight”
English Ivy’s–Any flavor Malibu rum mixed with Carolina sweet tea vodka
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen–Plenty of cocktails to be had, but we love the imported Chimay Grande Reserve Beer from Belgium
Commissary–Commi-Kado, original Margarita with vodka, tequila, triple sec and sweet lime, straight up
After your cocktails and meal, don’t forget to review the restaurant on GayCities. Write three reviews this month of April and you’ll be automatically entered to become GayCities Next Top Food Reviewer and win some great prizes.