- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Los Angeles Theater GayCities London San Francisco Chicago Pride party haus pride haus Fire Island travel Photos New York City Marriage Equality gay travel New York Las Vegas
THEATER: Will Chase Gives “Edwin Drood” A Haunting Twist, Gloria Estefan Heads To Broadway, And More
Feb 08, 2013 by GayCities
If you came of age in the ’80s, your first taste of Latina pop was probably Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine. Get ready to relive your youth, because Gloria and husband Emilio Estefan are bringing their Cuban-born rhythms to Broadway. The duo have paired with the Nederlander Organization to create a jukebox musical about their journey from Cuba to Latin-music sensations. The booty-shaking musical will feature hits like “Conga,” “Music of My Heart,” and “Rhythm is Gonna Get You.”
No timeline or creative team has been set. [The Hollywood Reporter]
The straight hunks of Roundabout Theater’s spectacular revival of The Mystery of Edwin Drood seem to love making sexy videos. First there was Andy Karl in a gangsta spoof where Chita Rivera raps. Now, thanks to The New York Times, leading man Will Chase (Smash Season One) gives “Both Sides of the Coin” a sultry country-western spin. From the first look of Chase’s deep blue eyes, you’ll see why Debra Messing (purportedly) dumped her husband to date him.
One of the best known of the handful of successful off-Broadway gay campfests is the musical Pageant, which is getting a new production at San Francisco’s Victoria Theatre starting this month. This pre-Drag Race spoof of female beauty pageants has a very queer twist.
Any actor who has been in La Cage is a shoe-in. (Or, a heel-in! Ha!)
If you’re in San Fran and your gay quotient needs to be even higher, go check out this musical battle between Miss Industrial Northeast, Miss Bible Belt, Miss Deep South, and all the rest.