- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality New York City San Francisco Chicago Fire Island London travel Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Pride benefit haus New York Washington DC Las Vegas Miami Theater Los Angeles GayCities pride haus Photos
THEATER: Will Chase Gives “Edwin Drood” A Haunting Twist, Gloria Estefan Heads To Broadway, And More
Feb 08, 2013
If you came of age in the ’80s, your first taste of Latina pop was probably Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine. Get ready to relive your youth, because Gloria and husband Emilio Estefan are bringing their Cuban-born rhythms to Broadway. The duo have paired with the Nederlander Organization to create a jukebox musical about their journey from Cuba to Latin-music sensations. The booty-shaking musical will feature hits like “Conga,” “Music of My Heart,” and “Rhythm is Gonna Get You.”
No timeline or creative team has been set. [The Hollywood Reporter]
The straight hunks of Roundabout Theater’s spectacular revival of The Mystery of Edwin Drood seem to love making sexy videos. First there was Andy Karl in a gangsta spoof where Chita Rivera raps. Now, thanks to The New York Times, leading man Will Chase (Smash Season One) gives “Both Sides of the Coin” a sultry country-western spin. From the first look of Chase’s deep blue eyes, you’ll see why Debra Messing (purportedly) dumped her husband to date him.
One of the best known of the handful of successful off-Broadway gay campfests is the musical Pageant, which is getting a new production at San Francisco’s Victoria Theatre starting this month. This pre-Drag Race spoof of female beauty pageants has a very queer twist.
Any actor who has been in La Cage is a shoe-in. (Or, a heel-in! Ha!)
If you’re in San Fran and your gay quotient needs to be even higher, go check out this musical battle between Miss Industrial Northeast, Miss Bible Belt, Miss Deep South, and all the rest.