- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Los Angeles travel Photos Pride London Chicago Marriage Equality GayCities Washington DC San Francisco benefit haus Theater pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes Miami party haus New York City Fire Island New York
PHOTOS: New Las Vegas Ads Depict Gay Utopia With The Occasional Straight Couple
Jan 22, 2013
As the old adage goes, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and if the city’s new tourism ads are to be believed, there’s a lot of same-sex sinning happening in Sin City. Along with some mild straight sight-seeing.
The tagline for the tongue-in-cheek ads read, “Everyone’s welcome. Even straight people.” To wit, each gay scenario features a hapless, and woefully attired, hetero couple enjoying the man and/or lady candy.
As to be expected — since it’s something that exists on the internet — the ads have already generated a bit of controversy, for either stereotyping the gays or “mocking” the straights.
But, hey, it’s Vegas. What do you expect, subtlety?