- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles GayCities Marriage Equality Theater Las Vegas Pride London Washington DC Photos Miami New York New York City Fire Island benefit haus San Francisco Chicago party haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus
PHOTOS: New Las Vegas Ads Depict Gay Utopia With The Occasional Straight Couple
Jan 22, 2013
As the old adage goes, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and if the city’s new tourism ads are to be believed, there’s a lot of same-sex sinning happening in Sin City. Along with some mild straight sight-seeing.
The tagline for the tongue-in-cheek ads read, “Everyone’s welcome. Even straight people.” To wit, each gay scenario features a hapless, and woefully attired, hetero couple enjoying the man and/or lady candy.
As to be expected — since it’s something that exists on the internet — the ads have already generated a bit of controversy, for either stereotyping the gays or “mocking” the straights.
But, hey, it’s Vegas. What do you expect, subtlety?