- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC GayCities benefit haus New York City Photos Las Vegas New York pride haus London Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Pride party haus Fire Island Miami Los Angeles Chicago Theater San Francisco travel
PHOTOS: New Las Vegas Ads Depict Gay Utopia With The Occasional Straight Couple
Jan 22, 2013
As the old adage goes, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and if the city’s new tourism ads are to be believed, there’s a lot of same-sex sinning happening in Sin City. Along with some mild straight sight-seeing.
The tagline for the tongue-in-cheek ads read, “Everyone’s welcome. Even straight people.” To wit, each gay scenario features a hapless, and woefully attired, hetero couple enjoying the man and/or lady candy.
As to be expected — since it’s something that exists on the internet — the ads have already generated a bit of controversy, for either stereotyping the gays or “mocking” the straights.
But, hey, it’s Vegas. What do you expect, subtlety?