- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
- PHOTOS: Hot Jocks Drop Trou For The Ali Forney Center
- Find Summer Lovin’ All Year Round On Los Angeles Beaches
- After the Ball Dropped: New Yorkers Get Into 2015
- PHOTOS: Kisses, Tears And Laughter At Florida’s First Gay Weddings
- Florida Homophobes Sulk In Shadows As Marriages Commence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes party haus Marriage Equality pride haus San Francisco Washington DC New York Fire Island travel Los Angeles Chicago benefit haus Las Vegas Theater Pride New York City GayCities Miami London Photos
PHOTOS: New Las Vegas Ads Depict Gay Utopia With The Occasional Straight Couple
Jan 22, 2013
As the old adage goes, whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and if the city’s new tourism ads are to be believed, there’s a lot of same-sex sinning happening in Sin City. Along with some mild straight sight-seeing.
The tagline for the tongue-in-cheek ads read, “Everyone’s welcome. Even straight people.” To wit, each gay scenario features a hapless, and woefully attired, hetero couple enjoying the man and/or lady candy.
As to be expected — since it’s something that exists on the internet — the ads have already generated a bit of controversy, for either stereotyping the gays or “mocking” the straights.
But, hey, it’s Vegas. What do you expect, subtlety?