- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Pride Los Angeles Miami Chicago Washington DC San Francisco GayCities Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes gay travel pride haus New York City London Photos Marriage Equality Fire Island party haus New York travel
“All the Way Through Evening” Explores Effect Of AIDS Epidemic On NYC Composers
Nov 13, 2012
The musical documentary All the Way Through Evening shines a spotlight on gay composers who wrote about, and were ultimately lost to, the HIV/AIDS epidemic that ravaged New York City in the 1980s and ’90s.
Australian filmmaker Rohan Spong follows East Village pianist Mimi Stern-Wolfe as she prepares for her 20th annual New York concert in honor of the composer friends she lost to the epidemic, and interweaves interviews with those who survived. “This era is such an important an important part of our history as gay men,” says Spong. “My generation scarcely remembers it, but the way these brave men suffered and were involved in fighting for health reform, and even just to be treated with dignity by the world at large, is incredibly inspiring.”
All the Way Through Evening opens November 29 in Australia, with encore screenings at New York City’s Leslie Lohman Gallery, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Chicago’s Center on Halsted and the Tivoli in Kansas City in late November and early December.