- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Chicago travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York City New York San Francisco gay travel London Fire Island party haus Las Vegas Marriage Equality Theater Photos Miami Washington DC Los Angeles Pride pride haus
“All the Way Through Evening” Explores Effect Of AIDS Epidemic On NYC Composers
Nov 13, 2012
The musical documentary All the Way Through Evening shines a spotlight on gay composers who wrote about, and were ultimately lost to, the HIV/AIDS epidemic that ravaged New York City in the 1980s and ’90s.
Australian filmmaker Rohan Spong follows East Village pianist Mimi Stern-Wolfe as she prepares for her 20th annual New York concert in honor of the composer friends she lost to the epidemic, and interweaves interviews with those who survived. “This era is such an important an important part of our history as gay men,” says Spong. “My generation scarcely remembers it, but the way these brave men suffered and were involved in fighting for health reform, and even just to be treated with dignity by the world at large, is incredibly inspiring.”
All the Way Through Evening opens November 29 in Australia, with encore screenings at New York City’s Leslie Lohman Gallery, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Chicago’s Center on Halsted and the Tivoli in Kansas City in late November and early December.