- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities San Francisco New York travel London Fire Island party haus pride haus Las Vegas Pride Miami gay travel Washington DC Theater Photos Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Los Angeles Chicago
PHOTOS: London’s Horse Meat Disco Rides Again!
Jul 21, 2012
We were there when London’s bear den, The Eagle, recently hosted acclaimed DJ collective Horse Meat Disco. Resident DJs Jim Stanton and Luke Howard spun for the boys in Vauxhall till 3am at what became an unofficial World Pride after party.
Horse Meat, started by Stanton and James Hillard, began in London’s Chinatown but has taken on international significance in more recent years. Partygoers are fed a smorgasbord of disco, ’80’s boogie, electro and fresh tracks every week and, in adidition to the UK capital, Horse Meat has set up camp in Lux in Lisbon, Tape in Berlin, Cielo in New York and frontiers beyond.
If you’re in London on a Sunday, this is the party to be at. And tell handsome general manager Simon Kilner we sent you.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes