- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City travel Pride Chicago GayCities Fire Island Los Angeles New York Miami Las Vegas San Francisco Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC benefit haus pride haus Marriage Equality Theater party haus London
PHOTOS: London’s Horse Meat Disco Rides Again!
Jul 21, 2012
We were there when London’s bear den, The Eagle, recently hosted acclaimed DJ collective Horse Meat Disco. Resident DJs Jim Stanton and Luke Howard spun for the boys in Vauxhall till 3am at what became an unofficial World Pride after party.
Horse Meat, started by Stanton and James Hillard, began in London’s Chinatown but has taken on international significance in more recent years. Partygoers are fed a smorgasbord of disco, ’80’s boogie, electro and fresh tracks every week and, in adidition to the UK capital, Horse Meat has set up camp in Lux in Lisbon, Tape in Berlin, Cielo in New York and frontiers beyond.
If you’re in London on a Sunday, this is the party to be at. And tell handsome general manager Simon Kilner we sent you.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes