- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos gay travel party haus Marriage Equality New York travel Theater London Miami New York City Fire Island Chicago GayCities Pride Washington DC San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles Las Vegas pride haus
City Of Pittsburgh Celebrates Sharon Needles Day
Jun 13, 2012
Move over, Andy Warhol: Pittsburgh has a new favorite native homo. RuPaul Drag Race winner Sharon Needles was honored in her hometown with an official proclamation declaring Tuesday “Sharon Needles Day in Pittsburgh.”
The ceremony took place at a City Council meeting, where councilman Patrick Dowd said, “This is a city of champions in many regards… We have a real champion in the room today.”
In her comments, the goth goddess proclaimed that “a win for Sharon Needles is a win for every single kid in this city who’s still being bullied.” She admitted it was “humbling and almost embarrassing” to be recognized by “my favorite city in the world.”
Sharon also graced the audience with a slightly altered version of Rocky Horror‘s “Sweet Transvestite” that included the line, “I’m just a cheap transvestite from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.”
Hmm, maybe Sharon has a new favorite holiday besides Halloween?