- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Fire Island Las Vegas gay travel Miami New York Chicago travel GayCities Photos Washington DC party haus New York City Marriage Equality pride haus Theater San Francisco Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes London
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Cockettes Extend Their Legs For Hot Greeks
May 02, 2012
Labeled by John Waters as “the first hip drag queens,” the genre-bending troupe first emerged in the wild world of 1960s SF. But they brought their merry madness to the 21st century with Pearls Over Shanghai in 2009. A collaboration with local theater troupe Thrillpeddlers, Pearls was originally slated to run for six weeks but quickly turned into a two-year stage phenomenon. And the San Francisco theater scene has never been the same.
Continuing in that tradition, Thrillpeddlers recently announced the extension of Hot Greeks, a musical reproduction of the Cockettes’ 1972 show of the same name, at SoMa’s Hypnodrome. Opening back in March, the show blends Greek tragedy with a campy take on frat-film favorite Animal House.
And thanks to a string of sold-out performances, Hot Greeks will drag out until May 19.
Click on through for more photos from Thrillpeddlers’ Hot Greeks