- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes London Photos New York Theater New York City party haus pride haus Las Vegas Chicago gay travel Fire Island Los Angeles San Francisco Marriage Equality travel Miami Pride
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Cockettes Extend Their Legs For Hot Greeks
May 02, 2012
Labeled by John Waters as “the first hip drag queens,” the genre-bending troupe first emerged in the wild world of 1960s SF. But they brought their merry madness to the 21st century with Pearls Over Shanghai in 2009. A collaboration with local theater troupe Thrillpeddlers, Pearls was originally slated to run for six weeks but quickly turned into a two-year stage phenomenon. And the San Francisco theater scene has never been the same.
Continuing in that tradition, Thrillpeddlers recently announced the extension of Hot Greeks, a musical reproduction of the Cockettes’ 1972 show of the same name, at SoMa’s Hypnodrome. Opening back in March, the show blends Greek tragedy with a campy take on frat-film favorite Animal House.
And thanks to a string of sold-out performances, Hot Greeks will drag out until May 19.
Click on through for more photos from Thrillpeddlers’ Hot Greeks