- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island pride haus Photos San Francisco Chicago Washington DC Pride New York City travel GayCities gay travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Las Vegas New York Miami Marriage Equality Theater London
The Last Chapter: A Look At LGBT Bookstores Around The World
Jan 06, 2012
1029 University Ave
San Diego, CA
Although Obelisk closed last summer after a devastating fire destroyed the historical building it was housed in, the owners hope for a grand reopening in time for Pride 2012. Located in the heart of Hillcrest, it definitely offers a wide selection of books—they’ve hosted signing with Christopher Rice (above) and RuPaul, for example—but also boutique-type fare like skin products, watches, swimsuits and designer underwear.