- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Los Angeles Photos Fire Island Marriage Equality travel New York City pride haus San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Las Vegas benefit haus Theater Pride Miami GayCities New York London Washington DC
The Last Chapter: A Look At LGBT Bookstores Around The World
Jan 06, 2012
1029 University Ave
San Diego, CA
Although Obelisk closed last summer after a devastating fire destroyed the historical building it was housed in, the owners hope for a grand reopening in time for Pride 2012. Located in the heart of Hillcrest, it definitely offers a wide selection of books—they’ve hosted signing with Christopher Rice (above) and RuPaul, for example—but also boutique-type fare like skin products, watches, swimsuits and designer underwear.