- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos party haus pride haus Los Angeles Miami Theater San Francisco travel London GayCities gay travel Marriage Equality Pride New York New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Chicago Washington DC Las Vegas
The Last Chapter: A Look At LGBT Bookstores Around The World
Jan 06, 2012
1029 University Ave
San Diego, CA
Although Obelisk closed last summer after a devastating fire destroyed the historical building it was housed in, the owners hope for a grand reopening in time for Pride 2012. Located in the heart of Hillcrest, it definitely offers a wide selection of books—they’ve hosted signing with Christopher Rice (above) and RuPaul, for example—but also boutique-type fare like skin products, watches, swimsuits and designer underwear.