- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Theater Washington DC travel San Francisco Chicago Miami London Marriage Equality Los Angeles Photos New York City Las Vegas GayCities Pride Fire Island pride haus gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York
The Last Chapter: A Look At LGBT Bookstores Around The World
Jan 06, 2012
1029 University Ave
San Diego, CA
Although Obelisk closed last summer after a devastating fire destroyed the historical building it was housed in, the owners hope for a grand reopening in time for Pride 2012. Located in the heart of Hillcrest, it definitely offers a wide selection of books—they’ve hosted signing with Christopher Rice (above) and RuPaul, for example—but also boutique-type fare like skin products, watches, swimsuits and designer underwear.