- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Marriage Equality Las Vegas Los Angeles Theater pride haus Fire Island San Francisco party haus Jeffrey James Keyes Photos travel New York Chicago London GayCities benefit haus Pride Washington DC New York City
The Last Chapter: A Look At LGBT Bookstores Around The World
Jan 06, 2012 by GayCities
1029 University Ave
San Diego, CA
Although Obelisk closed last summer after a devastating fire destroyed the historical building it was housed in, the owners hope for a grand reopening in time for Pride 2012. Located in the heart of Hillcrest, it definitely offers a wide selection of books—they’ve hosted signing with Christopher Rice (above) and RuPaul, for example—but also boutique-type fare like skin products, watches, swimsuits and designer underwear.