- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Chicago Fire Island New York San Francisco pride haus Washington DC Photos GayCities party haus gay travel Theater Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes travel Los Angeles Las Vegas New York City Pride London
DC Drag Queens Hit The Road (Literally) At The Annual High Heel Race
Oct 26, 2011
A precursor to Halloween, the beloved event drew some 70 runners who hobbled, leapt and sprinted down 17th Street as thousands of straight and gay onlookers cheered everyone on.
“People just think D.C. is just a lot of politicians,” race organizer David Perruzza told the Washington Post. “This is one of the prime examples of why it’s such a fun city.”
Click through for a slideshow of High Heel Race entrants