- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Photos GayCities Theater Las Vegas pride haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes London San Francisco Chicago Fire Island Pride Miami Los Angeles Washington DC party haus Marriage Equality gay travel New York City
DC Drag Queens Hit The Road (Literally) At The Annual High Heel Race
Oct 26, 2011
A precursor to Halloween, the beloved event drew some 70 runners who hobbled, leapt and sprinted down 17th Street as thousands of straight and gay onlookers cheered everyone on.
“People just think D.C. is just a lot of politicians,” race organizer David Perruzza told the Washington Post. “This is one of the prime examples of why it’s such a fun city.”
Click through for a slideshow of High Heel Race entrants