- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSgay travel Theater travel New York City Pride party haus Miami Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality pride haus San Francisco Fire Island Washington DC London GayCities Los Angeles Las Vegas New York Photos
DC Drag Queens Hit The Road (Literally) At The Annual High Heel Race
Oct 26, 2011
A precursor to Halloween, the beloved event drew some 70 runners who hobbled, leapt and sprinted down 17th Street as thousands of straight and gay onlookers cheered everyone on.
“People just think D.C. is just a lot of politicians,” race organizer David Perruzza told the Washington Post. “This is one of the prime examples of why it’s such a fun city.”
Click through for a slideshow of High Heel Race entrants