- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island party haus Marriage Equality Las Vegas travel San Francisco Pride Photos Miami Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus New York City Chicago pride haus Theater GayCities New York Washington DC London Los Angeles
Activists “Kiss In” at Mormon Church
Jul 15, 2009
USA Today reports that former Salt Lake City Councilwoman Deeda Seed helped organize a “kiss in” to protest the treatment of Matt Aune and Derek Jones outside the Mormon Temple. About 100 gay and straight participants were seen smooching near the spot where the two were harassed.
In El Paso, the Dallas Morning News informs readers that Puentes LGBT Resources put in a formal request at a city counsel meeting for El Paso to get serious about training police to properly deal with the gay community. This seems to be a reletively modest plea after the force’s royal blunder.