- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Photos GayCities Fire Island New York City New York Washington DC travel Los Angeles pride haus London Las Vegas Marriage Equality gay travel party haus Miami Pride
Activists “Kiss In” at Mormon Church
Jul 15, 2009
USA Today reports that former Salt Lake City Councilwoman Deeda Seed helped organize a “kiss in” to protest the treatment of Matt Aune and Derek Jones outside the Mormon Temple. About 100 gay and straight participants were seen smooching near the spot where the two were harassed.
In El Paso, the Dallas Morning News informs readers that Puentes LGBT Resources put in a formal request at a city counsel meeting for El Paso to get serious about training police to properly deal with the gay community. This seems to be a reletively modest plea after the force’s royal blunder.