GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes is surveying America’s top drag queens for holiday gift suggestions. He caught up with Rochester’s Pandora Boxx while she was scrambling to buy enough vodka to drink her weight in it during this festive time of the year and while getting ready for the January launch of One Night Stand Up: Dragtastic NYC on LOGO.
Pandora Boxx’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. MAC Dazzleglass lipgloss. No gal should be without fabulous glittery lips for the holidays. The better your lips look the more likely you are to be able to give some holiday head.
2. Jock Soap Men’s grooming products. These are a fabulous line of products for you or the guy in your life. I use them myself because as you may know I’m a fake lady, not a real one.
3. Lovely gorgeous things. If you are in the Rochester, NY, area you simply must stop at Parkleigh for all kinds of special gifts. The store has sparkles, chocolate and kitsch! What more could a queen want?
4. Tickets! No not parking tickets–who pays those? Theatre tickets! Rochester, NY, is gorgeous this time of year and if you come here to visit you can enjoy a night at the theater and there’s no better place to catch a show than the Geva Theatre Center. I’m not just saying that because that’s where my play The Lipstick Massacre just finished its successful run. Oh, and there’s also MUCCC (Multi-Use Cultural Community Center) for all sorts of fabulous entertainment options.
5. Appointment card for my new hair-do. You have got to get your hair done for the holidays. Let’s face it families are forgiving, family photos are not! Check out the ultra fabulous Lotus Salon on 154 South Fitzhugh Street in Rochester. The “ladies” are festive and fun there. You can enjoy some wine, catch up on gossip and leave having the best ‘do in town! A gift certificate makes a fabulous gift.
For more gift ideas check out the GayCities shopping guide