Fort Lauderdale is the second most diverse city in the United States, after Queens, NY, where the future is here: the minority is the majority.
And unlike Queens, Hello Sunny experiences nearly 365 days of warm water and white sand bliss. With over 300 miles of canals weaving throughout, and miles of white sand beaches, it is an outdoor paradise.
We rounded up 11 things to enjoy in the city on the sea…
11. Dance the night away at the lavish Hunters in the heart of Wilton Manors
10. Get your tan on at Sebastian Beach
9. Treat yourself like a queen while staying at the Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach the newest Hilton Hotel with epic views directly on the beach
The @ConradFTLBeach is HANDS DOWN the most lavish hotel to stay at while visiting Fort Lauderdale. The beds are DIVINE, views are out of this world, the in house restaurant @TerraMareFL is on point, & it's right on the beach! #hellosunny #loveFL @visitlauderdale @ILoveGayFlorida pic.twitter.com/mcV8bVKaNn
— Ravi Round The World (@RaviRndTheWorld) February 7, 2018
8. Eat a mac and cheese burger at Rosie’s Bar & Grill formerly known as Hamburger Mary’s
7. Visit the World Aids Museum dedicated to eliminating the stigmas associated with HIV and AIDS
6. Venture to Hollywood, Florida, to see lavish murals curated by recognized artists worldwide
4. Take a boat ride through the canals and see why people call the beach town the “Venice of America”
3. Check out the exhibits at Stonewall museum and archives, which started as a local community resource and is now one of the largest private LGBTQ lending libraries in the country
2. Hit up Georgie’s Alibi Monkey Bar
1. Take an airboat ride on the Everglades tour at Sawgrass Recreation Park where you will see alligators swim up to your boat
Check out Ravi Round The World’s video of his trip to Fort Lauderdale