Well, it was yet another terrific pride month with celebrations all over the world.
Festivities started early–in May!–in Sao Paulo Brazil and Long Beach, CA, and each weekend in June brought celebrations somewhere.
There are some great roundups about all the festivities on some of our favorite blogs and newspapers, so be sure to check them out:
- OhLaLa Mag covers Gay Pride in Paris, also see Steph & Alek’s answer to “What Pride Means to Me”
- New York’s new governor announced that the state will recognize out-of-state same sex marriages and marches in NYC’s Pride Parade.
- San Francisco held it’s biggest gay pride ever.
- One million people showed up to Toronto’s Pride
- Time Magazine highlights Delhi Pride in India, a big move for a not so gay friendly country.
- And Adventures of a Gay Boy has tons of pictures of Chicago Pride
And if you haven’t caught our series: “what pride means to me?” be sure to check it out. We learned how Pride–while celebrated differently–unites us all.