- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus party haus benefit haus Las Vegas Theater Washington DC travel London Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Los Angeles Fire Island Pride Miami Marriage Equality GayCities Photos New York City New York San Francisco
Best of GayCities, 2010: The Winner is… NYC’s Frank Forbes!
Jan 25, 2011
Frank Forbes had no idea what 2011 had in store for him when he got the call from GayCites that he had captured the “Best of GayCities, 2010,” grand prize–a trip for two to Berlin courtesy of airberlin and Axel Hotels, which will put him up in luxury for four nights.
After he had taken a moment to compose himself, Frank, one of GayCities top reviewers, agreed to answer a few our of queries.
Hey Frank! Congratulations. Have you been to Berlin?
I have never been to Berlin, but have always wanted to go. I would love to see the Brandenburg gate, Posdam palace, what’s left of the Berlin Wall–and all the shopping and nightlife Berlin has to offer.
What do you consider a great gay trip?
A great gay trip for me is being able to share all of my travel experiences with my partner. Shopping, history, going out to eat and experiencing new cultures.
Yes, and getting it free on GayCites is not so bad either! You have reviewed Paris on GayCities. What do you love about Paris? What would your recommend of the gay scene to our members worldwide who are looking to explore Paris?
What I love about Paris besides the food, fashion and beautiful architecture is something that can not be bought. It’s the lifestyle most of all that I have come to enjoy every time I visit Paris. There are so many gay bars and lounges in the Hotel de Ville area in the Third arrondissement and off of Rue de Rivoli.
What’s the perfect night out in your hometown, New York City?
For me that would be dinner, theater, and going out to one of the many lounges like Therapy in Hell’s Kitchen.
What are your favorite shopping spots in NYC?
Macy’s Herald Square, Bloomingdales and Barneys.
When you travel, what do you find is the best way to meet locals to help explore the city?
I find the best way to meet locals are sites like gaycities.com.
Good answer! What’s your new year’s resolution?
My New Years’ resolution is to do 40 acts of community service and volunteerism.
How did you get turned on to GayCities?
I found GayCities before I left for Rome this summer. It was a great way to find out info about Rome and to speak to some locals also.
Could you imagine a better way to start the new year?
Winning a trip to Berlin is a hell of way to start a year. So far so good.