- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Las Vegas pride haus gay travel Los Angeles Theater Chicago Fire Island party haus San Francisco Marriage Equality London Pride New York travel Photos GayCities
Best of GayCities, 2010: The Winner is… NYC’s Frank Forbes!
Jan 25, 2011 by Matt Slusarenko
Frank Forbes had no idea what 2011 had in store for him when he got the call from GayCites that he had captured the “Best of GayCities, 2010,” grand prize–a trip for two to Berlin courtesy of airberlin and Axel Hotels, which will put him up in luxury for four nights.
After he had taken a moment to compose himself, Frank, one of GayCities top reviewers, agreed to answer a few our of queries.
Hey Frank! Congratulations. Have you been to Berlin?
I have never been to Berlin, but have always wanted to go. I would love to see the Brandenburg gate, Posdam palace, what’s left of the Berlin Wall–and all the shopping and nightlife Berlin has to offer.
What do you consider a great gay trip?
A great gay trip for me is being able to share all of my travel experiences with my partner. Shopping, history, going out to eat and experiencing new cultures.
Yes, and getting it free on GayCites is not so bad either! You have reviewed Paris on GayCities. What do you love about Paris? What would your recommend of the gay scene to our members worldwide who are looking to explore Paris?
What I love about Paris besides the food, fashion and beautiful architecture is something that can not be bought. It’s the lifestyle most of all that I have come to enjoy every time I visit Paris. There are so many gay bars and lounges in the Hotel de Ville area in the Third arrondissement and off of Rue de Rivoli.
What’s the perfect night out in your hometown, New York City?
For me that would be dinner, theater, and going out to one of the many lounges like Therapy in Hell’s Kitchen.
What are your favorite shopping spots in NYC?
Macy’s Herald Square, Bloomingdales and Barneys.
When you travel, what do you find is the best way to meet locals to help explore the city?
I find the best way to meet locals are sites like gaycities.com.
Good answer! What’s your new year’s resolution?
My New Years’ resolution is to do 40 acts of community service and volunteerism.
How did you get turned on to GayCities?
I found GayCities before I left for Rome this summer. It was a great way to find out info about Rome and to speak to some locals also.
Could you imagine a better way to start the new year?
Winning a trip to Berlin is a hell of way to start a year. So far so good.