- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City San Francisco party haus travel Las Vegas Fire Island New York benefit haus Photos Pride Theater Marriage Equality pride haus Los Angeles Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago London GayCities Washington DC
Best of GayCities, 2010: And the winners are…
Jan 11, 2011
Here at GayCities, your opinion matters. How else would we navigate the ever-expanding gay world, if not by relying on each others’ experiences? Otherwise, how would you avoid ending up without your trunks on the wrong side of San Diego’s Black’s Beach? Or that New York’s Splash is not a movie starring Tom Hanks but actually a go-go bar where you might even run into John Travolta.
Of course, some things are self-explanatory: Sodom, Cock Fight, Broadway Bares, John Travolta… So without further ado, check out the winning results of the voting of GayCities members from around the globe (and around the corner) in “Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.”
Cities, businesses and organizations were nominated in 40 categories, ranging from “Best Bar to Bed a Stranger” to “Best Beach to Lose Your Shorts.”
- Puerto Vallarta‘s Blue Chairs Resort: “Best Hotel to Cruise & Booze”
- New York‘s Broadway Bares: “Social Charity Event of the Year”
- Miami‘s 12th Street Beach: “Best Beach to See and Be Seen”
- Barney’s New York: “Best Shop to Blow Your Paycheck”
- San Francisco‘s Magnet: “Best Community Health” organization
- New York‘s Splash Bar: “Best Club to Dance My Ass Off’
- Los Angeles‘ The Abbey: “Best Bar to Take Your Mom”
- San Francisco: “Best Food City” and Paris “Best Hotel Stay City“
- W Hotels: “Hotel Brand We Love”
Due to an impressive write-in campaign by local GayCities members, Columbus, Ohio, won a special award as the “Up-and-Coming GayCity of 2011.”
And the winner of the trip to Berlin is GayCities member (and excellent reviewer) Frank Forbes (aka, ForbesMac) from New York! He is taking a lucky someone with him, so you might consider starting to get in his good graces now.