- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Chicago Washington DC Photos Fire Island New York City party haus London travel Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Las Vegas Theater San Francisco gay travel Miami pride haus GayCities Pride
Best of GayCities, 2010: And the winners are…
Jan 11, 2011
Here at GayCities, your opinion matters. How else would we navigate the ever-expanding gay world, if not by relying on each others’ experiences? Otherwise, how would you avoid ending up without your trunks on the wrong side of San Diego’s Black’s Beach? Or that New York’s Splash is not a movie starring Tom Hanks but actually a go-go bar where you might even run into John Travolta.
Of course, some things are self-explanatory: Sodom, Cock Fight, Broadway Bares, John Travolta… So without further ado, check out the winning results of the voting of GayCities members from around the globe (and around the corner) in “Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.”
Cities, businesses and organizations were nominated in 40 categories, ranging from “Best Bar to Bed a Stranger” to “Best Beach to Lose Your Shorts.”
- Puerto Vallarta‘s Blue Chairs Resort: “Best Hotel to Cruise & Booze”
- New York‘s Broadway Bares: “Social Charity Event of the Year”
- Miami‘s 12th Street Beach: “Best Beach to See and Be Seen”
- Barney’s New York: “Best Shop to Blow Your Paycheck”
- San Francisco‘s Magnet: “Best Community Health” organization
- New York‘s Splash Bar: “Best Club to Dance My Ass Off’
- Los Angeles‘ The Abbey: “Best Bar to Take Your Mom”
- San Francisco: “Best Food City” and Paris “Best Hotel Stay City“
- W Hotels: “Hotel Brand We Love”
Due to an impressive write-in campaign by local GayCities members, Columbus, Ohio, won a special award as the “Up-and-Coming GayCity of 2011.”
And the winner of the trip to Berlin is GayCities member (and excellent reviewer) Frank Forbes (aka, ForbesMac) from New York! He is taking a lucky someone with him, so you might consider starting to get in his good graces now.