- Vote Now And Help One Of These Stoli Guy Finalists Win $10,000
- PHOTOS: Queer Pokémon Fans Stun Straight Nerds, Invade Massive PAX Convention
- The Five Kinkiest Cities In America
- Your 2014 Mr. Gay World Is A Super Hot Dance Teacher From The UK
- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Fire Island Photos GayCities Pride Miami San Francisco London benefit haus Chicago Marriage Equality New York party haus Las Vegas Theater New York City Jeffrey James Keyes travel Los Angeles pride haus
Best of GayCities, 2010: And the winners are…
Jan 11, 2011 by Oscar Raymundo
Here at GayCities, your opinion matters. How else would we navigate the ever-expanding gay world, if not by relying on each others’ experiences? Otherwise, how would you avoid ending up without your trunks on the wrong side of San Diego’s Black’s Beach? Or that New York’s Splash is not a movie starring Tom Hanks but actually a go-go bar where you might even run into John Travolta.
Of course, some things are self-explanatory: Sodom, Cock Fight, Broadway Bares, John Travolta… So without further ado, check out the winning results of the voting of GayCities members from around the globe (and around the corner) in “Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.”
Cities, businesses and organizations were nominated in 40 categories, ranging from “Best Bar to Bed a Stranger” to “Best Beach to Lose Your Shorts.”
- Puerto Vallarta‘s Blue Chairs Resort: “Best Hotel to Cruise & Booze”
- New York‘s Broadway Bares: “Social Charity Event of the Year”
- Miami‘s 12th Street Beach: “Best Beach to See and Be Seen”
- Barney’s New York: “Best Shop to Blow Your Paycheck”
- San Francisco‘s Magnet: “Best Community Health” organization
- New York‘s Splash Bar: “Best Club to Dance My Ass Off’
- Los Angeles‘ The Abbey: “Best Bar to Take Your Mom”
- San Francisco: “Best Food City” and Paris “Best Hotel Stay City“
- W Hotels: “Hotel Brand We Love”
Due to an impressive write-in campaign by local GayCities members, Columbus, Ohio, won a special award as the “Up-and-Coming GayCity of 2011.”
And the winner of the trip to Berlin is GayCities member (and excellent reviewer) Frank Forbes (aka, ForbesMac) from New York! He is taking a lucky someone with him, so you might consider starting to get in his good graces now.