- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Los Angeles Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes travel Washington DC party haus New York gay travel London Chicago Pride pride haus Miami San Francisco Theater Fire Island Las Vegas New York City GayCities
Best of GayCities, 2010: And the winners are…
Jan 11, 2011
Here at GayCities, your opinion matters. How else would we navigate the ever-expanding gay world, if not by relying on each others’ experiences? Otherwise, how would you avoid ending up without your trunks on the wrong side of San Diego’s Black’s Beach? Or that New York’s Splash is not a movie starring Tom Hanks but actually a go-go bar where you might even run into John Travolta.
Of course, some things are self-explanatory: Sodom, Cock Fight, Broadway Bares, John Travolta… So without further ado, check out the winning results of the voting of GayCities members from around the globe (and around the corner) in “Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays.”
Cities, businesses and organizations were nominated in 40 categories, ranging from “Best Bar to Bed a Stranger” to “Best Beach to Lose Your Shorts.”
- Puerto Vallarta‘s Blue Chairs Resort: “Best Hotel to Cruise & Booze”
- New York‘s Broadway Bares: “Social Charity Event of the Year”
- Miami‘s 12th Street Beach: “Best Beach to See and Be Seen”
- Barney’s New York: “Best Shop to Blow Your Paycheck”
- San Francisco‘s Magnet: “Best Community Health” organization
- New York‘s Splash Bar: “Best Club to Dance My Ass Off’
- Los Angeles‘ The Abbey: “Best Bar to Take Your Mom”
- San Francisco: “Best Food City” and Paris “Best Hotel Stay City“
- W Hotels: “Hotel Brand We Love”
Due to an impressive write-in campaign by local GayCities members, Columbus, Ohio, won a special award as the “Up-and-Coming GayCity of 2011.”
And the winner of the trip to Berlin is GayCities member (and excellent reviewer) Frank Forbes (aka, ForbesMac) from New York! He is taking a lucky someone with him, so you might consider starting to get in his good graces now.