- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSgay travel Washington DC New York Theater pride haus Fire Island San Francisco Pride travel Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Los Angeles Miami party haus London GayCities Photos Chicago Marriage Equality
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: San Francisco’s Juanita MORE
Dec 20, 2010 by GayCities
Juanita MORE!’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. A dozen of Kara’s Fleur de Sel Cupcakes –chocolate with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sell. The dark chocolate and salty combo is so decadent. They come in two sizes – I like to get the mini’s – that way I don’t feel so guilty when I eat an entire dozen.
2. I read cookbooks like other people read novels. I often get asked which one is my favorite. And that’s always a tough question to answer. I do suggest that young cooks invest in The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. Who better to take direction from than the woman who revolutionized the way we eat, cook and think about food. If you are a foodie of any degree you must visit Omnivore Books on food. It’s like being in a candy store.
3. When I hear a bottle of this bubbly popping open I have to confess I get very excited. The French champagne Billeart-Salmon Brut is one of the most impressive champagnes in the world. Its glamorous pink fizz is simply irresistible to me.
4. The pantry at Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building has many exotic and delectable treats. In fact you can walk in and out of there with dinner ready to pop in the oven. For me their North African spiced salt blend really stands out. I love to sprinkle a little on a piece of buttered toast or rub some into a rack of lamb with a little chopped rosemary.
5. When you have to get a little something for the other man in your life or in my case other men, I say make it easy on yourself. The Juniper Ridge Siskiyou Cedar Sachet is an awesome stocking stuffer. And, it makes your man’s clothes smell real great too. Available at the gorgeous men’s store Union Made. Ask for Todd and tell him Juanita sent you.
For more holiday gift ideas, check the GayCities San Francisco shopping guide