- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Pride Washington DC pride haus Los Angeles benefit haus Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Miami London New York City Photos Fire Island New York San Francisco party haus Theater travel Marriage Equality
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: San Francisco’s Juanita MORE
Dec 20, 2010 by GayCities
Juanita MORE!’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. A dozen of Kara’s Fleur de Sel Cupcakes –chocolate with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sell. The dark chocolate and salty combo is so decadent. They come in two sizes – I like to get the mini’s – that way I don’t feel so guilty when I eat an entire dozen.
2. I read cookbooks like other people read novels. I often get asked which one is my favorite. And that’s always a tough question to answer. I do suggest that young cooks invest in The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. Who better to take direction from than the woman who revolutionized the way we eat, cook and think about food. If you are a foodie of any degree you must visit Omnivore Books on food. It’s like being in a candy store.
3. When I hear a bottle of this bubbly popping open I have to confess I get very excited. The French champagne Billeart-Salmon Brut is one of the most impressive champagnes in the world. Its glamorous pink fizz is simply irresistible to me.
4. The pantry at Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building has many exotic and delectable treats. In fact you can walk in and out of there with dinner ready to pop in the oven. For me their North African spiced salt blend really stands out. I love to sprinkle a little on a piece of buttered toast or rub some into a rack of lamb with a little chopped rosemary.
5. When you have to get a little something for the other man in your life or in my case other men, I say make it easy on yourself. The Juniper Ridge Siskiyou Cedar Sachet is an awesome stocking stuffer. And, it makes your man’s clothes smell real great too. Available at the gorgeous men’s store Union Made. Ask for Todd and tell him Juanita sent you.
For more holiday gift ideas, check the GayCities San Francisco shopping guide