- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Theater Marriage Equality Las Vegas GayCities Chicago New York City New York London Los Angeles Photos Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus San Francisco party haus travel Washington DC benefit haus Miami
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: San Francisco’s Juanita MORE
Dec 20, 2010
Juanita MORE!’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. A dozen of Kara’s Fleur de Sel Cupcakes –chocolate with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sell. The dark chocolate and salty combo is so decadent. They come in two sizes – I like to get the mini’s – that way I don’t feel so guilty when I eat an entire dozen.
2. I read cookbooks like other people read novels. I often get asked which one is my favorite. And that’s always a tough question to answer. I do suggest that young cooks invest in The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. Who better to take direction from than the woman who revolutionized the way we eat, cook and think about food. If you are a foodie of any degree you must visit Omnivore Books on food. It’s like being in a candy store.
3. When I hear a bottle of this bubbly popping open I have to confess I get very excited. The French champagne Billeart-Salmon Brut is one of the most impressive champagnes in the world. Its glamorous pink fizz is simply irresistible to me.
4. The pantry at Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building has many exotic and delectable treats. In fact you can walk in and out of there with dinner ready to pop in the oven. For me their North African spiced salt blend really stands out. I love to sprinkle a little on a piece of buttered toast or rub some into a rack of lamb with a little chopped rosemary.
5. When you have to get a little something for the other man in your life or in my case other men, I say make it easy on yourself. The Juniper Ridge Siskiyou Cedar Sachet is an awesome stocking stuffer. And, it makes your man’s clothes smell real great too. Available at the gorgeous men’s store Union Made. Ask for Todd and tell him Juanita sent you.
For more holiday gift ideas, check the GayCities San Francisco shopping guide