- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
- PHOTOS: 12 Extraordinary Kisses To Remember Valentine’s Day
- Closeted Married Men, Gay Vets, And Tap-Dancing Lesbians: 10 Juicy Winter Reading Recommendations
- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus Theater New York City GayCities Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago New York Las Vegas Los Angeles London pride haus Fire Island Washington DC Photos San Francisco travel Pride Marriage Equality party haus
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: San Francisco’s Juanita MORE
Dec 20, 2010
Juanita MORE!’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. A dozen of Kara’s Fleur de Sel Cupcakes –chocolate with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sell. The dark chocolate and salty combo is so decadent. They come in two sizes – I like to get the mini’s – that way I don’t feel so guilty when I eat an entire dozen.
2. I read cookbooks like other people read novels. I often get asked which one is my favorite. And that’s always a tough question to answer. I do suggest that young cooks invest in The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. Who better to take direction from than the woman who revolutionized the way we eat, cook and think about food. If you are a foodie of any degree you must visit Omnivore Books on food. It’s like being in a candy store.
3. When I hear a bottle of this bubbly popping open I have to confess I get very excited. The French champagne Billeart-Salmon Brut is one of the most impressive champagnes in the world. Its glamorous pink fizz is simply irresistible to me.
4. The pantry at Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building has many exotic and delectable treats. In fact you can walk in and out of there with dinner ready to pop in the oven. For me their North African spiced salt blend really stands out. I love to sprinkle a little on a piece of buttered toast or rub some into a rack of lamb with a little chopped rosemary.
5. When you have to get a little something for the other man in your life or in my case other men, I say make it easy on yourself. The Juniper Ridge Siskiyou Cedar Sachet is an awesome stocking stuffer. And, it makes your man’s clothes smell real great too. Available at the gorgeous men’s store Union Made. Ask for Todd and tell him Juanita sent you.
For more holiday gift ideas, check the GayCities San Francisco shopping guide