- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles London New York City Miami benefit haus travel party haus Fire Island Marriage Equality Pride Washington DC Las Vegas New York Theater San Francisco GayCities Chicago
Holiday Shopping Drag Bag: San Francisco’s Juanita MORE
Dec 20, 2010
Juanita MORE!’s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. A dozen of Kara’s Fleur de Sel Cupcakes –chocolate with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sell. The dark chocolate and salty combo is so decadent. They come in two sizes – I like to get the mini’s – that way I don’t feel so guilty when I eat an entire dozen.
2. I read cookbooks like other people read novels. I often get asked which one is my favorite. And that’s always a tough question to answer. I do suggest that young cooks invest in The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. Who better to take direction from than the woman who revolutionized the way we eat, cook and think about food. If you are a foodie of any degree you must visit Omnivore Books on food. It’s like being in a candy store.
3. When I hear a bottle of this bubbly popping open I have to confess I get very excited. The French champagne Billeart-Salmon Brut is one of the most impressive champagnes in the world. Its glamorous pink fizz is simply irresistible to me.
4. The pantry at Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building has many exotic and delectable treats. In fact you can walk in and out of there with dinner ready to pop in the oven. For me their North African spiced salt blend really stands out. I love to sprinkle a little on a piece of buttered toast or rub some into a rack of lamb with a little chopped rosemary.
5. When you have to get a little something for the other man in your life or in my case other men, I say make it easy on yourself. The Juniper Ridge Siskiyou Cedar Sachet is an awesome stocking stuffer. And, it makes your man’s clothes smell real great too. Available at the gorgeous men’s store Union Made. Ask for Todd and tell him Juanita sent you.
For more holiday gift ideas, check the GayCities San Francisco shopping guide