- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Washington DC Fire Island New York party haus Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Theater Pride Los Angeles London Miami Photos GayCities New York City Chicago benefit haus travel Las Vegas San Francisco
Swish Edition: The Legendary Chi Chi LaRue
Nov 20, 2010
What do you get when you cross adult film super-director, deejay, and drag diva Chi Chi LaRue along with our regular dose of gay hilarity? A double-dose of sexual misadventures!
We caught up with Chi Chi on the Ft. Lauderdale set of her latest movie and chatted about her recent whirlwind tour of Paris, Berlin and London; her favorite stars (Swish Edition‘s friend Brent Everett); how she pinked-up Los Angeles when she opened her own retail store in West Hollywood (named Chi Chi LaRue’s, natch). Finally, we let you know why you get both a chuckle AND a woody from her latest porn offerings.
When she’s not opening a store or filming sex, Chi Chi gets around LA quite a bit. She is a sucker for Tender Greens in West Hollywood; goes bananas for the sushi at Fat Fish; DJ’s twice a month for Here Lounge‘s Stripper Circus.
In this episode, we also talk about Prince William’s engagement to Kate Middleton, the “Glee” kiss shocker, Best of GayCities, 2010: The World According to Gays” (yup, we entered…but we know we can’t win that awesome trip to Berlin, dangit!) and bring you the top news of the week from Metro Weekly‘s Sean Bugg.
This week is Episode 107—we call it “Wrap It Up,” in honor of Chi Chi’s continuing mission to spread the safe-sex message. You can stream the episode or download it from that picture below. Get it free from iTunes.
NOTE: Click the middle to stream now. Click the menu at the bottom left of the picture to download or share.
Photos courtesy of ChiChiLaRue.com.