- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles pride haus Washington DC GayCities Fire Island Theater Pride Chicago New York City travel Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco party haus Photos Las Vegas Marriage Equality Miami London New York benefit haus
Introducing SwishEdition: New gay podcast sponsored by GayCities
Oct 13, 2010 by Scott Wallis
Back in October 2009, my best friend Dale Blades and I started a weekly podcast to talk about Washington, DC gay nightlife. We shared a great love for all things audio, and of course simply loved to hear ourselves talk! Dale was a radio station news guy way back in high school, and I had my own show in college.
We started out by discussing the special theme nights at Cobalt and our late-night dancing adventures at Ziegfeld’s/Secrets. We chatted up people like local LGBT hero Freddie Lutz of Freddie’s Beach Bar and even visiting out-of-towners such as Lady Miss Kier of Deee-lite fame. Eventually, we had a real show, a loyal following and the ambition to develop a huge international audience.
So we have now created the Swish Edition, which debuted October 7, with the always hilarious comedienne Margaret Cho, fresh off her stint on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Margaret was gracious and candid, and we chatted with her about the dancing competition, activism, her new music album, her fascination with poop and what’s hot about Atlanta and gay cruises.
We also checked in with Matty & Bobby, the college kids from New Jersey who broke the Guinness Book world record for the longest kiss. It’s all about the love! Christopher Donahue of Care Resource in Miami. He’s the man in charge of The White Party Week, the world’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS benefit. Together with our very own in-house DJ Jason Royce, chat about pop culture, our new website, and my recent trip to Alaska (where there were no gay bars).
We’re proud to have GayCities as our sponsor. With its help we’ll be covering this big gay world of ours each week. We strive to entertain, whether we’re catching up female impressionist Christopher Peterson about his big move from Key West to Las Vegas, underwear designer Andrew Christian about the latest trends in brief fashions, reporting from Southern Decadence in New Orleans or cornering porn star Adam Killian as he counts his tips after a special bar performance.
You can stream the Swish Edition podcast from our web site—where we’re featuring my short video chat with GayCities’ co-founder Scott Gatz from my recent trip to San Francisco—or subscribe for free on iTunes. Remember, new episodes drop every Thursday.
Photos courtesy of their respective subjects