- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities San Francisco Pride Theater Chicago Las Vegas New York Photos Marriage Equality New York City Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Miami pride haus London benefit haus travel Fire Island Los Angeles Washington DC
Introducing SwishEdition: New gay podcast sponsored by GayCities
Oct 13, 2010
Back in October 2009, my best friend Dale Blades and I started a weekly podcast to talk about Washington, DC gay nightlife. We shared a great love for all things audio, and of course simply loved to hear ourselves talk! Dale was a radio station news guy way back in high school, and I had my own show in college.
We started out by discussing the special theme nights at Cobalt and our late-night dancing adventures at Ziegfeld’s/Secrets. We chatted up people like local LGBT hero Freddie Lutz of Freddie’s Beach Bar and even visiting out-of-towners such as Lady Miss Kier of Deee-lite fame. Eventually, we had a real show, a loyal following and the ambition to develop a huge international audience.
So we have now created the Swish Edition, which debuted October 7, with the always hilarious comedienne Margaret Cho, fresh off her stint on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Margaret was gracious and candid, and we chatted with her about the dancing competition, activism, her new music album, her fascination with poop and what’s hot about Atlanta and gay cruises.
We also checked in with Matty & Bobby, the college kids from New Jersey who broke the Guinness Book world record for the longest kiss. It’s all about the love! Christopher Donahue of Care Resource in Miami. He’s the man in charge of The White Party Week, the world’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS benefit. Together with our very own in-house DJ Jason Royce, chat about pop culture, our new website, and my recent trip to Alaska (where there were no gay bars).
We’re proud to have GayCities as our sponsor. With its help we’ll be covering this big gay world of ours each week. We strive to entertain, whether we’re catching up female impressionist Christopher Peterson about his big move from Key West to Las Vegas, underwear designer Andrew Christian about the latest trends in brief fashions, reporting from Southern Decadence in New Orleans or cornering porn star Adam Killian as he counts his tips after a special bar performance.
You can stream the Swish Edition podcast from our web site—where we’re featuring my short video chat with GayCities’ co-founder Scott Gatz from my recent trip to San Francisco—or subscribe for free on iTunes. Remember, new episodes drop every Thursday.
Photos courtesy of their respective subjects