- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island pride haus Los Angeles gay travel Marriage Equality New York Washington DC Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas travel San Francisco Photos party haus Pride New York City Theater Miami GayCities London
Introducing SwishEdition: New gay podcast sponsored by GayCities
Oct 13, 2010
Back in October 2009, my best friend Dale Blades and I started a weekly podcast to talk about Washington, DC gay nightlife. We shared a great love for all things audio, and of course simply loved to hear ourselves talk! Dale was a radio station news guy way back in high school, and I had my own show in college.
We started out by discussing the special theme nights at Cobalt and our late-night dancing adventures at Ziegfeld’s/Secrets. We chatted up people like local LGBT hero Freddie Lutz of Freddie’s Beach Bar and even visiting out-of-towners such as Lady Miss Kier of Deee-lite fame. Eventually, we had a real show, a loyal following and the ambition to develop a huge international audience.
So we have now created the Swish Edition, which debuted October 7, with the always hilarious comedienne Margaret Cho, fresh off her stint on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Margaret was gracious and candid, and we chatted with her about the dancing competition, activism, her new music album, her fascination with poop and what’s hot about Atlanta and gay cruises.
We also checked in with Matty & Bobby, the college kids from New Jersey who broke the Guinness Book world record for the longest kiss. It’s all about the love! Christopher Donahue of Care Resource in Miami. He’s the man in charge of The White Party Week, the world’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS benefit. Together with our very own in-house DJ Jason Royce, chat about pop culture, our new website, and my recent trip to Alaska (where there were no gay bars).
We’re proud to have GayCities as our sponsor. With its help we’ll be covering this big gay world of ours each week. We strive to entertain, whether we’re catching up female impressionist Christopher Peterson about his big move from Key West to Las Vegas, underwear designer Andrew Christian about the latest trends in brief fashions, reporting from Southern Decadence in New Orleans or cornering porn star Adam Killian as he counts his tips after a special bar performance.
You can stream the Swish Edition podcast from our web site—where we’re featuring my short video chat with GayCities’ co-founder Scott Gatz from my recent trip to San Francisco—or subscribe for free on iTunes. Remember, new episodes drop every Thursday.
Photos courtesy of their respective subjects