- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles New York City Jeffrey James Keyes party haus New York London travel benefit haus Las Vegas Fire Island San Francisco GayCities Miami Theater Pride Photos Chicago Washington DC Marriage Equality pride haus
Introducing SwishEdition: New gay podcast sponsored by GayCities
Oct 13, 2010
Back in October 2009, my best friend Dale Blades and I started a weekly podcast to talk about Washington, DC gay nightlife. We shared a great love for all things audio, and of course simply loved to hear ourselves talk! Dale was a radio station news guy way back in high school, and I had my own show in college.
We started out by discussing the special theme nights at Cobalt and our late-night dancing adventures at Ziegfeld’s/Secrets. We chatted up people like local LGBT hero Freddie Lutz of Freddie’s Beach Bar and even visiting out-of-towners such as Lady Miss Kier of Deee-lite fame. Eventually, we had a real show, a loyal following and the ambition to develop a huge international audience.
So we have now created the Swish Edition, which debuted October 7, with the always hilarious comedienne Margaret Cho, fresh off her stint on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars.” Margaret was gracious and candid, and we chatted with her about the dancing competition, activism, her new music album, her fascination with poop and what’s hot about Atlanta and gay cruises.
We also checked in with Matty & Bobby, the college kids from New Jersey who broke the Guinness Book world record for the longest kiss. It’s all about the love! Christopher Donahue of Care Resource in Miami. He’s the man in charge of The White Party Week, the world’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS benefit. Together with our very own in-house DJ Jason Royce, chat about pop culture, our new website, and my recent trip to Alaska (where there were no gay bars).
We’re proud to have GayCities as our sponsor. With its help we’ll be covering this big gay world of ours each week. We strive to entertain, whether we’re catching up female impressionist Christopher Peterson about his big move from Key West to Las Vegas, underwear designer Andrew Christian about the latest trends in brief fashions, reporting from Southern Decadence in New Orleans or cornering porn star Adam Killian as he counts his tips after a special bar performance.
You can stream the Swish Edition podcast from our web site—where we’re featuring my short video chat with GayCities’ co-founder Scott Gatz from my recent trip to San Francisco—or subscribe for free on iTunes. Remember, new episodes drop every Thursday.
Photos courtesy of their respective subjects