- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York party haus Fire Island Photos GayCities pride haus travel San Francisco Pride Miami Las Vegas gay travel Washington DC London New York City Theater Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Naked Bike Riders Take Over Los Angeles And The World
Jun 03, 2014 by Graham Gremore
Get ready to see a whole lot of butt flashes and crotch shots because this year marks the tenth anniversary of the World Naked Bike Ride.
Similar to the Ciclonusita ride in Lima in March, the international clothing-optional ride will attract hundreds of participants in Los Angeles on June 14. Its purpose is to promote human-powered transport while raising awareness to the “indecent exposure” of car emissions, as well as the dangers bikers face in a world of cars.
In the past, riders have been harassed by cars and called “grotesque” by neighborhood watch groups, but this hasn’t stopped them from pedaling around town in their birthday suits. Similar rides are taking place in Chicago and Amsterdam if you’re in either of those necks of the woods.
Scroll down to see pictures from past World Naked Bike Ride events in Los Angeles…
Photos credit LAist