- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus gay travel party haus Photos Fire Island Las Vegas Theater London New York San Francisco Marriage Equality travel GayCities Pride Los Angeles Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Miami New York City Washington DC
PHOTOS: Naked Bike Riders Take Over Los Angeles And The World
Jun 03, 2014
Get ready to see a whole lot of butt flashes and crotch shots because this year marks the tenth anniversary of the World Naked Bike Ride.
Similar to the Ciclonusita ride in Lima in March, the international clothing-optional ride will attract hundreds of participants in Los Angeles on June 14. Its purpose is to promote human-powered transport while raising awareness to the “indecent exposure” of car emissions, as well as the dangers bikers face in a world of cars.
In the past, riders have been harassed by cars and called “grotesque” by neighborhood watch groups, but this hasn’t stopped them from pedaling around town in their birthday suits. Similar rides are taking place in Chicago and Amsterdam if you’re in either of those necks of the woods.
Scroll down to see pictures from past World Naked Bike Ride events in Los Angeles…
Photos credit LAist