- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Miami Chicago Los Angeles Las Vegas travel New York benefit haus Fire Island San Francisco pride haus Washington DC party haus Marriage Equality Theater London Pride GayCities
PHOTOS: Naked Bike Riders Take Over Los Angeles And The World
Jun 03, 2014
Get ready to see a whole lot of butt flashes and crotch shots because this year marks the tenth anniversary of the World Naked Bike Ride.
Similar to the Ciclonusita ride in Lima in March, the international clothing-optional ride will attract hundreds of participants in Los Angeles on June 14. Its purpose is to promote human-powered transport while raising awareness to the “indecent exposure” of car emissions, as well as the dangers bikers face in a world of cars.
In the past, riders have been harassed by cars and called “grotesque” by neighborhood watch groups, but this hasn’t stopped them from pedaling around town in their birthday suits. Similar rides are taking place in Chicago and Amsterdam if you’re in either of those necks of the woods.
Scroll down to see pictures from past World Naked Bike Ride events in Los Angeles…
Photos credit LAist