- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Photos Pride New York GayCities Los Angeles gay travel Las Vegas London Fire Island Washington DC Miami New York City Chicago San Francisco pride haus Marriage Equality Theater travel party haus
PHOTOS: Oiled Up, Muscular Turks Stuff Their Hands Down Each Others Pants — For Tradition’s Sake
Oct 10, 2013
PHOTOS: Who needs Grindr when the national sport involves going spelunking down another dude’s trousers? Though Turkey may have banned the hookup app from its borders, there’s more than enough homoeroticism going around in the country’s time-honored pastime, oil wrestling. Pass the olive oil and break out the leather capris — some traditions deserve to die — ’cause we’re going a-grapplin’.
Photos: Cemil Kömürcü Photography