- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel gay travel New York Las Vegas London Miami pride haus Chicago Fire Island San Francisco Pride New York City Washington DC GayCities Theater Marriage Equality party haus Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Oiled Up, Muscular Turks Stuff Their Hands Down Each Others Pants — For Tradition’s Sake
Oct 10, 2013
PHOTOS: Who needs Grindr when the national sport involves going spelunking down another dude’s trousers? Though Turkey may have banned the hookup app from its borders, there’s more than enough homoeroticism going around in the country’s time-honored pastime, oil wrestling. Pass the olive oil and break out the leather capris — some traditions deserve to die — ’cause we’re going a-grapplin’.
Photos: Cemil Kömürcü Photography