- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Marriage Equality Miami London Las Vegas Theater New York City Photos San Francisco Fire Island Washington DC travel party haus New York Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago pride haus Los Angeles gay travel
PHOTOS: Michael Stipe, Rufus Wainwright, John Cameron Mitchell At The Berlin Film Festival
Feb 18, 2013
PHOTOS: The 63rd annual Berlin Film Festival wrapped up over the weekend, with a host of queer talents having attended its scores of screenings and parties, including Michael Stipe, director Travis Mathews, Rufus Wainwright and Jörn Weisbrodt, and director John Cameron Mitchell, who imported his West Village dance party Mattachine to the European party capital.
The week’s climax came with Friday’s Teddy Awards, honoring the best of the film fest’s LGBT offerings. After appearing during the awards ceremony, Berlin’s out mayor Klaus Wowereit stayed on for the first of the Teddy’s two raucous after parties at the huge Station club.
Photos: Dan Allen
German actor Hanno Koffler and director Stephan Lecant after a screening of the gay-cop love story Freier Fall (Free Fall).
Director Travis Mathews (right) fields questions after a screening of Interior. Leather Bar.
John Cameron Mitchell spins at the first European edition of his New York party, Mattachine
Paul Dawson spins at Mattachine
Naked Opera star Marc Rollinger and director Angela Christlieb
Actors Yi Yi-kyung and Won Tae-hee of the South Korean film Baek Ya (White Night)
American directors Deb Tullmann and Shaun Kadlec (center and right) of the Cameroon documentary Born This Way
Rufus Wainwright and husband Jörn Weisbrodt
Lose Your Head actor Fernando Tielve
Teddy Award winners Sébastien Lifshitz, Malgoska Szumowska and Stacie Passon
Special Teddy Award winners Elaine Maane and Don Edkins with Berlinale Panaroma section director Wieland Speck
Polish director Malgoska Szumowska (center) with actors Mateusz Kosciukiewicz and Andrzej Chyra of the Teddy-winning film W Imie… (In the Name of)
Swedish director Victor Lindgren and actress Jana Bringlöv Ekspong of the Teddy winning short, “Ta av mig” (“Undress Me”)
Berlin mayor Klaus Wowereit at the Teddy Awards after party