- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus New York Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Photos London Los Angeles GayCities pride haus Marriage Equality benefit haus New York City San Francisco Miami travel Theater Fire Island Washington DC Chicago Pride
PHOTOS: Michael Stipe, Rufus Wainwright, John Cameron Mitchell At The Berlin Film Festival
Feb 18, 2013
PHOTOS: The 63rd annual Berlin Film Festival wrapped up over the weekend, with a host of queer talents having attended its scores of screenings and parties, including Michael Stipe, director Travis Mathews, Rufus Wainwright and Jörn Weisbrodt, and director John Cameron Mitchell, who imported his West Village dance party Mattachine to the European party capital.
The week’s climax came with Friday’s Teddy Awards, honoring the best of the film fest’s LGBT offerings. After appearing during the awards ceremony, Berlin’s out mayor Klaus Wowereit stayed on for the first of the Teddy’s two raucous after parties at the huge Station club.
Photos: Dan Allen
German actor Hanno Koffler and director Stephan Lecant after a screening of the gay-cop love story Freier Fall (Free Fall).
Director Travis Mathews (right) fields questions after a screening of Interior. Leather Bar.
John Cameron Mitchell spins at the first European edition of his New York party, Mattachine
Paul Dawson spins at Mattachine
Naked Opera star Marc Rollinger and director Angela Christlieb
Actors Yi Yi-kyung and Won Tae-hee of the South Korean film Baek Ya (White Night)
American directors Deb Tullmann and Shaun Kadlec (center and right) of the Cameroon documentary Born This Way
Rufus Wainwright and husband Jörn Weisbrodt
Lose Your Head actor Fernando Tielve
Teddy Award winners Sébastien Lifshitz, Malgoska Szumowska and Stacie Passon
Special Teddy Award winners Elaine Maane and Don Edkins with Berlinale Panaroma section director Wieland Speck
Polish director Malgoska Szumowska (center) with actors Mateusz Kosciukiewicz and Andrzej Chyra of the Teddy-winning film W Imie… (In the Name of)
Swedish director Victor Lindgren and actress Jana Bringlöv Ekspong of the Teddy winning short, “Ta av mig” (“Undress Me”)
Berlin mayor Klaus Wowereit at the Teddy Awards after party