- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Theater New York San Francisco Pride travel gay travel New York City Photos Las Vegas London Marriage Equality Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Miami pride haus party haus Washington DC Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Michael Stipe, Rufus Wainwright, John Cameron Mitchell At The Berlin Film Festival
Feb 18, 2013 by GayCities
PHOTOS: The 63rd annual Berlin Film Festival wrapped up over the weekend, with a host of queer talents having attended its scores of screenings and parties, including Michael Stipe, director Travis Mathews, Rufus Wainwright and Jörn Weisbrodt, and director John Cameron Mitchell, who imported his West Village dance party Mattachine to the European party capital.
The week’s climax came with Friday’s Teddy Awards, honoring the best of the film fest’s LGBT offerings. After appearing during the awards ceremony, Berlin’s out mayor Klaus Wowereit stayed on for the first of the Teddy’s two raucous after parties at the huge Station club.
Photos: Dan Allen
German actor Hanno Koffler and director Stephan Lecant after a screening of the gay-cop love story Freier Fall (Free Fall).
Director Travis Mathews (right) fields questions after a screening of Interior. Leather Bar.
John Cameron Mitchell spins at the first European edition of his New York party, Mattachine
Paul Dawson spins at Mattachine
Naked Opera star Marc Rollinger and director Angela Christlieb
Actors Yi Yi-kyung and Won Tae-hee of the South Korean film Baek Ya (White Night)
American directors Deb Tullmann and Shaun Kadlec (center and right) of the Cameroon documentary Born This Way
Rufus Wainwright and husband Jörn Weisbrodt
Lose Your Head actor Fernando Tielve
Teddy Award winners Sébastien Lifshitz, Malgoska Szumowska and Stacie Passon
Special Teddy Award winners Elaine Maane and Don Edkins with Berlinale Panaroma section director Wieland Speck
Polish director Malgoska Szumowska (center) with actors Mateusz Kosciukiewicz and Andrzej Chyra of the Teddy-winning film W Imie… (In the Name of)
Swedish director Victor Lindgren and actress Jana Bringlöv Ekspong of the Teddy winning short, “Ta av mig” (“Undress Me”)
Berlin mayor Klaus Wowereit at the Teddy Awards after party