- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes San Francisco benefit haus GayCities Washington DC Fire Island London Los Angeles travel Theater Photos New York City Chicago New York pride haus Pride Las Vegas party haus Miami Marriage Equality
Paris, New York And Tel Aviv Top The List Of Gay Dream Travel Destinations
Jan 15, 2013 by GayCities
Despite the recent demonstration against gay marriage in Paris, the City of Light is still luring gay travelers around the globe.
Today GayCities concluded another annual Best of GayCities campaign by revealing the top travel destinations. The interactive campaign had thousands of GayCities members and readers creating “ultimate dream” travel itineraries by mapping their favorite cities.
Paris was the most selected city overall, and also the top city in two categories: “Romance City” and “Food & Wine City.” New York City came in strong second, nabbing the title of “City That Never Sleeps.”
Rounding out the top 10 “ultimate dream” cities are:
Tel Aviv (pictured right)
Rio de Janeiro
One lucky “dream traveler” was also selected as the winner of a real-life vacation to the island paradise of Curaçao. GayCities member Travis Acreman (lower left) from New York City created a “dream travel” itinerary after reading about the promotion on Queerty.
“I read Queerty pretty regularly and it seemed like a fun contest,” he said. “I make fantasy itineraries all the time, so I figured why not win a trip out of it.”
Travis will be taking his partner of 10 years to Curaçao, compliments of GayCities, Curaçao Tourist Board and Curaçao’s Floris Suite Hotel.
“We’re definitely going to sample the local liqueur, probably while relaxing on the beach,” he said. “We’ll probably eat all of the amazing food the island has to offer, check out the architecture and find a bit of trouble in the bars. They have casinos? This could be dangerous…”
Wishing this Queerty reader a fantastic time on his vacation!