- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Miami Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities travel Photos Theater Washington DC Fire Island San Francisco Los Angeles party haus London Las Vegas New York City Pride New York benefit haus pride haus
Paris, New York And Tel Aviv Top The List Of Gay Dream Travel Destinations
Jan 15, 2013
Despite the recent demonstration against gay marriage in Paris, the City of Light is still luring gay travelers around the globe.
Today GayCities concluded another annual Best of GayCities campaign by revealing the top travel destinations. The interactive campaign had thousands of GayCities members and readers creating “ultimate dream” travel itineraries by mapping their favorite cities.
Paris was the most selected city overall, and also the top city in two categories: “Romance City” and “Food & Wine City.” New York City came in strong second, nabbing the title of “City That Never Sleeps.”
Rounding out the top 10 “ultimate dream” cities are:
Tel Aviv (pictured right)
Rio de Janeiro
One lucky “dream traveler” was also selected as the winner of a real-life vacation to the island paradise of Curaçao. GayCities member Travis Acreman (lower left) from New York City created a “dream travel” itinerary after reading about the promotion on Queerty.
“I read Queerty pretty regularly and it seemed like a fun contest,” he said. “I make fantasy itineraries all the time, so I figured why not win a trip out of it.”
Travis will be taking his partner of 10 years to Curaçao, compliments of GayCities, Curaçao Tourist Board and Curaçao’s Floris Suite Hotel.
“We’re definitely going to sample the local liqueur, probably while relaxing on the beach,” he said. “We’ll probably eat all of the amazing food the island has to offer, check out the architecture and find a bit of trouble in the bars. They have casinos? This could be dangerous…”
Wishing this Queerty reader a fantastic time on his vacation!