- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
- Five Things To Know About Ariana Grande Before Her NYC Pride Performance
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Gay Beaches 2015
- Ian Reisner’s Fire Island Business Suffers Aerial Assault
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes London Theater Marriage Equality New York City GayCities pride haus Los Angeles benefit haus Fire Island Pride party haus New York San Francisco Miami travel Las Vegas Photos
Paris, New York And Tel Aviv Top The List Of Gay Dream Travel Destinations
Jan 15, 2013
Despite the recent demonstration against gay marriage in Paris, the City of Light is still luring gay travelers around the globe.
Today GayCities concluded another annual Best of GayCities campaign by revealing the top travel destinations. The interactive campaign had thousands of GayCities members and readers creating “ultimate dream” travel itineraries by mapping their favorite cities.
Paris was the most selected city overall, and also the top city in two categories: “Romance City” and “Food & Wine City.” New York City came in strong second, nabbing the title of “City That Never Sleeps.”
Rounding out the top 10 “ultimate dream” cities are:
Tel Aviv (pictured right)
Rio de Janeiro
One lucky “dream traveler” was also selected as the winner of a real-life vacation to the island paradise of Curaçao. GayCities member Travis Acreman (lower left) from New York City created a “dream travel” itinerary after reading about the promotion on Queerty.
“I read Queerty pretty regularly and it seemed like a fun contest,” he said. “I make fantasy itineraries all the time, so I figured why not win a trip out of it.”
Travis will be taking his partner of 10 years to Curaçao, compliments of GayCities, Curaçao Tourist Board and Curaçao’s Floris Suite Hotel.
“We’re definitely going to sample the local liqueur, probably while relaxing on the beach,” he said. “We’ll probably eat all of the amazing food the island has to offer, check out the architecture and find a bit of trouble in the bars. They have casinos? This could be dangerous…”
Wishing this Queerty reader a fantastic time on his vacation!