- An Oscar Wilde Tour Of The Metropolitan Art Museum’s Queer Hidden Treasures
- Bet You Don’t Know This About The Castro’s Fabulous New Sidewalks
- Win An Incredible Vacation To San Francisco For Pride & Much More
- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Photos San Francisco New York City Washington DC party haus GayCities Pride New York pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes travel Theater London Marriage Equality Las Vegas Los Angeles Chicago benefit haus Miami
Paris, New York And Tel Aviv Top The List Of Gay Dream Travel Destinations
Jan 15, 2013
Despite the recent demonstration against gay marriage in Paris, the City of Light is still luring gay travelers around the globe.
Today GayCities concluded another annual Best of GayCities campaign by revealing the top travel destinations. The interactive campaign had thousands of GayCities members and readers creating “ultimate dream” travel itineraries by mapping their favorite cities.
Paris was the most selected city overall, and also the top city in two categories: “Romance City” and “Food & Wine City.” New York City came in strong second, nabbing the title of “City That Never Sleeps.”
Rounding out the top 10 “ultimate dream” cities are:
Tel Aviv (pictured right)
Rio de Janeiro
One lucky “dream traveler” was also selected as the winner of a real-life vacation to the island paradise of Curaçao. GayCities member Travis Acreman (lower left) from New York City created a “dream travel” itinerary after reading about the promotion on Queerty.
“I read Queerty pretty regularly and it seemed like a fun contest,” he said. “I make fantasy itineraries all the time, so I figured why not win a trip out of it.”
Travis will be taking his partner of 10 years to Curaçao, compliments of GayCities, Curaçao Tourist Board and Curaçao’s Floris Suite Hotel.
“We’re definitely going to sample the local liqueur, probably while relaxing on the beach,” he said. “We’ll probably eat all of the amazing food the island has to offer, check out the architecture and find a bit of trouble in the bars. They have casinos? This could be dangerous…”
Wishing this Queerty reader a fantastic time on his vacation!