- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York gay travel New York City Fire Island party haus GayCities travel pride haus London Marriage Equality Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles San Francisco Las Vegas Pride Chicago Washington DC Miami Theater
WATCH: “Newsies” Hoofer Ryan Steele Turns It Out In Gay Film “Five Dances”
Jan 11, 2013
[vimeo 53872343 w=500 h=281]
Ryan Steele slays them eight times a week in the Broadway smash Newsies, but audiences will get to see a different side of the performer as he makes his film debut in Alan Brown’s Five Dances. It’s a coming-of-age story about a young gay dancer (Steele) making his away in the contemporary dance world and facing a potential first love. Brown, who also helmed Private Romeo and Book of Love enlisted renowned choreographer Jonah Bokaer for the film’s dance sequences.
Five Dances will screen February 1 and 2 as part of the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s Dance on Camera series, before a theatrical release in the spring.