- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 U.K. Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Marriage Equality Los Angeles Photos travel San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes New York Las Vegas gay travel pride haus Theater Miami GayCities party haus New York City London Pride Fire Island Chicago
WATCH: “Newsies” Hoofer Ryan Steele Turns It Out In Gay Film “Five Dances”
Jan 11, 2013 by GayCities
[vimeo 53872343 w=500 h=281]
Ryan Steele slays them eight times a week in the Broadway smash Newsies, but audiences will get to see a different side of the performer as he makes his film debut in Alan Brown’s Five Dances. It’s a coming-of-age story about a young gay dancer (Steele) making his away in the contemporary dance world and facing a potential first love. Brown, who also helmed Private Romeo and Book of Love enlisted renowned choreographer Jonah Bokaer for the film’s dance sequences.
Five Dances will screen February 1 and 2 as part of the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s Dance on Camera series, before a theatrical release in the spring.