- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride GayCities San Francisco New York City Fire Island Theater Washington DC Los Angeles Photos New York Marriage Equality party haus London Chicago Miami travel Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus Las Vegas pride haus
PHOTOS: More Snapshots From Maine’s First Same-Sex Weddings
Dec 30, 2012
PHOTOS: At 12:01am on Saturday morning, same-sex couples in Maine legally wed for the first time. Michael Snell and Steven Bridges, who have been together nine years, were the first couple to tie the knot.
Above, the crowd outside Portland City Hall serenades the newlyweds with a live rendition of “All You Need is Love.” Below, images from the first legal same-sex weddings in the state.