- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater London travel Photos gay travel pride haus San Francisco New York Las Vegas Fire Island party haus New York City Los Angeles Washington DC Miami Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Pride GayCities
PHOTOS: More Snapshots From Maine’s First Same-Sex Weddings
Dec 30, 2012
PHOTOS: At 12:01am on Saturday morning, same-sex couples in Maine legally wed for the first time. Michael Snell and Steven Bridges, who have been together nine years, were the first couple to tie the knot.
Above, the crowd outside Portland City Hall serenades the newlyweds with a live rendition of “All You Need is Love.” Below, images from the first legal same-sex weddings in the state.