- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Las Vegas GayCities travel New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Fire Island Los Angeles Photos Theater Chicago Miami Washington DC benefit haus New York Pride San Francisco pride haus London
PHOTOS: More Snapshots From Maine’s First Same-Sex Weddings
Dec 30, 2012 by GayCities
PHOTOS: At 12:01am on Saturday morning, same-sex couples in Maine legally wed for the first time. Michael Snell and Steven Bridges, who have been together nine years, were the first couple to tie the knot.
Above, the crowd outside Portland City Hall serenades the newlyweds with a live rendition of “All You Need is Love.” Below, images from the first legal same-sex weddings in the state.