- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Chicago Miami travel London GayCities San Francisco New York City gay travel Theater Las Vegas party haus Marriage Equality Photos New York Pride Los Angeles Washington DC
Picture It: Fire Island Pines Invasion, 1999!
Dec 25, 2012 by GayCities
We’ve all heard about Christmas in July, but today we’re serving July in Christmas—specifically the annual July Fourth Fire Island Pines Drag Queen Invasion from way back in 1999. It’s a sea of shoulderpads, bi-level haircuts and Teletubbies.
Not that we know what those words mean or anything.