- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos party haus GayCities gay travel Los Angeles Las Vegas Washington DC Miami San Francisco New York City Marriage Equality Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes travel London Theater pride haus New York Pride Fire Island
Picture It: Fire Island Pines Invasion, 1999!
Dec 25, 2012
We’ve all heard about Christmas in July, but today we’re serving July in Christmas—specifically the annual July Fourth Fire Island Pines Drag Queen Invasion from way back in 1999. It’s a sea of shoulderpads, bi-level haircuts and Teletubbies.
Not that we know what those words mean or anything.