- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus travel London Fire Island Miami Photos Jeffrey James Keyes GayCities Pride Las Vegas party haus San Francisco Los Angeles New York Theater Chicago Marriage Equality benefit haus New York City Washington DC
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012 by gaycities
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.