- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality New York City party haus gay travel Pride Chicago Fire Island Miami pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Photos Theater GayCities Los Angeles Washington DC New York travel Las Vegas London
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.