- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus Pride Marriage Equality San Francisco London New York travel Los Angeles Photos party haus benefit haus Miami GayCities Las Vegas Washington DC Theater Fire Island New York City
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.