- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
- George Takei Is Heading To Broadway
- Treat Yourself To A Luxurious And Romantic Hilltop Retreat
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes benefit haus Theater Marriage Equality Pride travel Las Vegas GayCities Washington DC Los Angeles Photos Chicago Fire Island pride haus New York New York City Miami London San Francisco party haus
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.