- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Is Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus Pride GayCities San Francisco New York pride haus London Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Marriage Equality Photos New York City Theater Chicago travel Los Angeles party haus Washington DC Las Vegas Miami
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.