- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Washington DC New York City Photos London travel Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus GayCities New York Las Vegas Chicago Miami San Francisco Pride Los Angeles party haus Theater Marriage Equality Fire Island
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.