- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSpride haus Fire Island London Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality GayCities Theater New York City party haus Las Vegas Pride Photos travel Washington DC New York Los Angeles Chicago benefit haus San Francisco
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.