- PHOTOS: Atomic Bombshells Blow up the Stage
- PHOTOS: San Francisco Prepares For the Annual Santa Skivvies Run
- PHOTOS: The Boys and Gurls of Hells Kitchen Get Into the Finale of So You Think You Can Drag
- PHOTOS: Things Get Raunchy At The Eagle In Seattle
- Homo For The Holigays: 8 Essentials For Your Thanksgiving Survival Kit
- PHOTOS: Sunday Service In NYC Proves To Be Irreverent
- PHOTOS: DJ Tracy Young Scores At Her Birthday Bash On Miami Beach
- Bartenders Get Laid All The Time, And 12 Other Myths About Bartenders
- 10 Reasons SF Is The Best/Worst Place For Gay Men
- 10 Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- PHOTOS: Costumed Hunks Get Into La Leche Halloween in New York City
- These Gay Cowboys Are Living Their Dream And Shattering Stereotypes
- PHOTOS: A Hard Day In The Life Of An Andrew Christian Underwear Model
- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC party haus Photos Pride New York City Los Angeles Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes travel GayCities Miami Las Vegas Fire Island San Francisco Marriage Equality London pride haus gay travel Theater New York
Donna Summer To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Summer is gonna be hot stuff in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The late disco queen and gay icon, who died in May, will be inducted as part of the Class of 2013.
“We are overjoyed the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame has recognized Donna’s tremendous musical achievements,” a statement from Summer’s family read. “Its an honor we know she quietly hoped for and would very much cherish. We are deeply grateful.”
With club hits like “Love to Love You Baby,” “I Feel Love,” “Last Dance” and “MacArthur Park,” the Grammy-winning Summer was a favorite among the generation of gay men who came of age in the Disco Era. Though a Village Voice article claimed she called AIDS God’s punishment on homosexuals, she denied the statement in a 1989 letter to ACT UP.
Joining Summer in this year’s crop of inductees are Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Heart and Albert King.. The Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on April 18, 2013.