- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas benefit haus Photos Marriage Equality Chicago Fire Island Miami pride haus London Jeffrey James Keyes New York City Los Angeles travel San Francisco GayCities Theater Pride party haus Washington DC New York
On Tour With Rihanna: The Calm Before The Storm
Nov 14, 2012
Seven cities in seven days is quite the ordeal—for us normal human beings at least. But today pop superstar Rihanna embarks on a seven-day intimate tour that begins in Mexico City and hits Toronto, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, London and New York City in a week. All to see her fans and promote her new studio album, Unapologetic, out November 19.
RiRi’s going all out on this one—she’s packed a plane with diehard fans and reporters to chronicle this whirlwind tour. Right now I’m reporting from Los Angeles as we await further instructions before departing to her first gig in Mexico City.
So, who the hell am I? I’m Rich Lopez, formerly with the Dallas Voice, where I reported on music, entertainment and lifestyle with a queer bent. Before that, I covered both local nightlife and music for the alt-weekly the Dallas Observer. I like to think I know a little about music.
Right now it’s the calm before the storm—I’m boning up on Rihanna’s music catalog, figuring out what we’ll chat about, and counting my sleeping pills and No-Doz packets. (Don’t want to mix them up). I’ll be posting daily here on Queerty and via social media, so be sure to keep up by checking Queerty’s Twitter feed (#Rihanna777) and Facebook page.