- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
- 5 Hotties Recommend The Best Places To Eat, Drink And Hang Out In Los Angeles
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City Marriage Equality San Francisco New York Miami Photos party haus Las Vegas London Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Los Angeles travel Chicago Theater pride haus benefit haus Pride GayCities
On Tour With Rihanna: The Calm Before The Storm
Nov 14, 2012 by gaycities
Seven cities in seven days is quite the ordeal—for us normal human beings at least. But today pop superstar Rihanna embarks on a seven-day intimate tour that begins in Mexico City and hits Toronto, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, London and New York City in a week. All to see her fans and promote her new studio album, Unapologetic, out November 19.
RiRi’s going all out on this one—she’s packed a plane with diehard fans and reporters to chronicle this whirlwind tour. Right now I’m reporting from Los Angeles as we await further instructions before departing to her first gig in Mexico City.
So, who the hell am I? I’m Rich Lopez, formerly with the Dallas Voice, where I reported on music, entertainment and lifestyle with a queer bent. Before that, I covered both local nightlife and music for the alt-weekly the Dallas Observer. I like to think I know a little about music.
Right now it’s the calm before the storm—I’m boning up on Rihanna’s music catalog, figuring out what we’ll chat about, and counting my sleeping pills and No-Doz packets. (Don’t want to mix them up). I’ll be posting daily here on Queerty and via social media, so be sure to keep up by checking Queerty’s Twitter feed (#Rihanna777) and Facebook page.