- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York Los Angeles travel New York City party haus benefit haus GayCities Fire Island pride haus Chicago Marriage Equality Photos Miami London Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas San Francisco Pride Washington DC Theater
On Tour With Rihanna: The Calm Before The Storm
Nov 14, 2012
Seven cities in seven days is quite the ordeal—for us normal human beings at least. But today pop superstar Rihanna embarks on a seven-day intimate tour that begins in Mexico City and hits Toronto, Stockholm, Berlin, Paris, London and New York City in a week. All to see her fans and promote her new studio album, Unapologetic, out November 19.
RiRi’s going all out on this one—she’s packed a plane with diehard fans and reporters to chronicle this whirlwind tour. Right now I’m reporting from Los Angeles as we await further instructions before departing to her first gig in Mexico City.
So, who the hell am I? I’m Rich Lopez, formerly with the Dallas Voice, where I reported on music, entertainment and lifestyle with a queer bent. Before that, I covered both local nightlife and music for the alt-weekly the Dallas Observer. I like to think I know a little about music.
Right now it’s the calm before the storm—I’m boning up on Rihanna’s music catalog, figuring out what we’ll chat about, and counting my sleeping pills and No-Doz packets. (Don’t want to mix them up). I’ll be posting daily here on Queerty and via social media, so be sure to keep up by checking Queerty’s Twitter feed (#Rihanna777) and Facebook page.