- Keith Haring’s greatest masterpiece is hidden in an old men’s bathroom in NYC
- Bikers pedal across the globe in their birthday suits for the 13th annual World Naked Bike Ride
- Pizza, martinis and puppies: the insider’s guide to Chicago’s International Mr. Leather
- Twitter erupts after Taiwan becomes the first place in Asia to legalize gay marriage
- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Washington DC Theater Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Chicago Pride Photos Marriage Equality New York party haus gay travel travel Las Vegas New York City London pride haus Los Angeles San Francisco
PHOTOS: Padma Lakshmi, Ally Sheedy At Ali Forney Center Fundraiser In New York
Nov 12, 2012
New York’s Ali Forney Center was virtually destroyed by Hurricane Sandy—leaving thousands of LGBT homeless and at-risk youth without access to health care, food, HIV testing and other vital resources.
While the center, which just celebrated its 10th anniversary, grapples with finding a home until its full-time residence opens next year, actress/AFC board member Ally Sheedy and photographer Mike Ruiz joined Top Chef ‘s Padma Lakshmi and designers Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra (fresh from guest judging Project Runway All Stars) for an impromptu Hurricane Sandy relief fundraiser on Sunday at Industry, where local celebs Marti Gould Cummings, Corey Johnson, Brian Moylan, Joseph Keckler, Brett Gleason, Michael Green, Bob Pontarelli, and DJ Vito Fun also made the scene.
All sales from tickets and drinks went directly to AFC, and board members Bill Shea and Frank Selvaggi made generous matching donations of the proceeds raised.
Want to help out? Visit the Ali Forney Center website for more information and donation instructions.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
DJ Vito Fun
Robert Tagliapietra, Padma Lakshmi and Jeffrey Costello