- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Fire Island Marriage Equality Las Vegas San Francisco pride haus Pride travel Miami gay travel GayCities Los Angeles Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes New York City London Chicago party haus New York Theater
PHOTOS: Padma Lakshmi, Ally Sheedy At Ali Forney Center Fundraiser In New York
Nov 12, 2012
New York’s Ali Forney Center was virtually destroyed by Hurricane Sandy—leaving thousands of LGBT homeless and at-risk youth without access to health care, food, HIV testing and other vital resources.
While the center, which just celebrated its 10th anniversary, grapples with finding a home until its full-time residence opens next year, actress/AFC board member Ally Sheedy and photographer Mike Ruiz joined Top Chef ‘s Padma Lakshmi and designers Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra (fresh from guest judging Project Runway All Stars) for an impromptu Hurricane Sandy relief fundraiser on Sunday at Industry, where local celebs Marti Gould Cummings, Corey Johnson, Brian Moylan, Joseph Keckler, Brett Gleason, Michael Green, Bob Pontarelli, and DJ Vito Fun also made the scene.
All sales from tickets and drinks went directly to AFC, and board members Bill Shea and Frank Selvaggi made generous matching donations of the proceeds raised.
Want to help out? Visit the Ali Forney Center website for more information and donation instructions.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
DJ Vito Fun
Robert Tagliapietra, Padma Lakshmi and Jeffrey Costello