- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSFire Island Miami New York Chicago benefit haus Photos Pride GayCities Theater Los Angeles Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus San Francisco Las Vegas travel Marriage Equality London New York City party haus
PHOTOS: Padma Lakshmi, Ally Sheedy At Ali Forney Center Fundraiser In New York
Nov 12, 2012 by GayCities
New York’s Ali Forney Center was virtually destroyed by Hurricane Sandy—leaving thousands of LGBT homeless and at-risk youth without access to health care, food, HIV testing and other vital resources.
While the center, which just celebrated its 10th anniversary, grapples with finding a home until its full-time residence opens next year, actress/AFC board member Ally Sheedy and photographer Mike Ruiz joined Top Chef ‘s Padma Lakshmi and designers Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra (fresh from guest judging Project Runway All Stars) for an impromptu Hurricane Sandy relief fundraiser on Sunday at Industry, where local celebs Marti Gould Cummings, Corey Johnson, Brian Moylan, Joseph Keckler, Brett Gleason, Michael Green, Bob Pontarelli, and DJ Vito Fun also made the scene.
All sales from tickets and drinks went directly to AFC, and board members Bill Shea and Frank Selvaggi made generous matching donations of the proceeds raised.
Want to help out? Visit the Ali Forney Center website for more information and donation instructions.
Photos: Jeffrey James Keyes
DJ Vito Fun
Robert Tagliapietra, Padma Lakshmi and Jeffrey Costello