- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
- 5 Ways You Made GayCities The Most Popular LGBTQ Travel Site
- The Sexiest WeHo Lounge May Actually Be Restoration Hardware
- A ‘Showgirls’ Obsession, The Luxor, And A Great Gay Pool Party
- This Year’s Gay Days Weekend At Disney Will Be The Most Thrilling Yet
- PHOTOS: See Why Fubar’s “BFD” Party Thrives After 13 Consecutive Years
- Your Guide To The Debauchery Otherwise Know As Folsom Street Fair, 2015
- PHOTOS: Cute Club Goers Get Freaky In Frankfurt
- Alec Mapa Talks Cruises, Comedians And His “French” Family
- Drag Theatre Puts The ‘Camp’ In LA’s Fabulous Casita Del Campo
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas GayCities New York City Chicago benefit haus Theater New York Miami Washington DC travel Pride pride haus Marriage Equality Fire Island Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Photos party haus London
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.