- Bet You Don’t Know This About The Castro’s Fabulous New Sidewalks
- Win An Incredible Vacation To San Francisco For Pride & Much More
- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Miami pride haus Los Angeles New York London Marriage Equality GayCities Jeffrey James Keyes Photos travel Theater party haus New York City Fire Island Pride Chicago Las Vegas San Francisco benefit haus
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.