- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
- Everybody Walks In Los Angeles: Here’s How To See The Glorious City On Foot
- 5 Hotties Recommend The Best Places To Eat, Drink And Hang Out In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Beaches 2014
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Theater pride haus benefit haus New York City San Francisco Miami GayCities Las Vegas Los Angeles party haus Chicago Marriage Equality Fire Island Pride London travel New York Washington DC Photos
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012 by gaycities
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.