- 2 Dollar Clothing Store Is WeHo’s Best-Kept Shopping Secret
- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC Jeffrey James Keyes London GayCities benefit haus Pride San Francisco Las Vegas Chicago travel pride haus Los Angeles Fire Island New York New York City Photos party haus Marriage Equality Theater Miami
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.