- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
- PHOTOS: Andrew Rannells Celebrates Model Behavior Backstage At Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus Contest Brings Beloved Sacrilege Back To San Francisco
- Fit For A Queen: The Lavish ’70s Palm Springs Home That Time Forgot
- The Gay Easter Parade Hops Through The French Quarter In New Orleans
- PHOTOS: Raided Legendary LA Club Brought Back To Life In Remarkable Images
- More LGBT People Are Moving To “Red” States
- PHOTOS: Inside The Fabulous Launch Party For Queerty’s New “Going Places” Web Series
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities party haus Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Los Angeles New York City pride haus Fire Island Miami London Chicago travel benefit haus Photos Las Vegas New York Washington DC Theater Marriage Equality San Francisco
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.