- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
- PHOTOS: Hot Jocks Drop Trou For The Ali Forney Center
- Find Summer Lovin’ All Year Round On Los Angeles Beaches
- After the Ball Dropped: New Yorkers Get Into 2015
- PHOTOS: Kisses, Tears And Laughter At Florida’s First Gay Weddings
- Florida Homophobes Sulk In Shadows As Marriages Commence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami New York Washington DC pride haus San Francisco New York City London GayCities benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Las Vegas Theater Fire Island Photos party haus travel Los Angeles Chicago Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Berlin’s Fetish Community Takes To The Streets For Folsom Europe
Sep 13, 2012
From prison garb and SWAT gear to lederhosen and fox suits, no look went unrepresented at the fantastic street fair. Many a cheek shone through many an assless chap. There was even a special play area set up for all the numerous human dogs.
Patterned after San Francisco’s famous Folsom Street Fair, Folsom Europe has become the preferred open-air festival—not just for the thousands in Berlin’s uniform-loving community, but for like-minded gents (and even some ladies) from across the country and beyond.
This year, Folsom Europe encompassed a full week of events around the German capital, from a raucous performance by Australian fetish rocker Loka Nunda to the no holds-barred attitude at the official Pig bash. As he has done for many years, Berlin’s gay mayor Klaus Wowereit welcomed the fête: “The leather and fetish scene is meeting here for the ninth time to party together, communicate with kindred spirits, raise money for charity and break down prejudices,” His Honor explained.