- PHOTOS: Looking’s Frankie Alvarez Helps Raise Funds For LGBT Elders
- 11 Incredible Out Adventures To Experience Before You Die
- French Politicians Are Freaked Over Tabloid Outing Of Gay VP
- The Golden Girls Xmas Drag Show Is All Sorts Of Holiday Magic
- Vote For The 2014 Best Of GayCities And Win A Free Trip For Two
- The Ultimate San Francisco Xmas List
- A Handy Glossary Of Gay Terms For The Well-Meaning Hetty
- 8 Events To Titilate Your Christmas Spirit
- Win A New Year’s Vacation To San Francisco
- World AIDS Day Events Near You
- 30 Things Every Gay Man Must Do Before Turning 30
- PHOTOS: Sexy Crowd Turns It Up For Change At HRC Bash
- PHOTOS: Naughty Pups Get Down And Dirty At The Eagle
- PHOTOS: LGBT Center Event Honors Women’s Right Activists And Politicians
- Twerk At These Thanksgiving Weekend Parties
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas London Pride Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Theater travel Miami New York City Chicago New York Marriage Equality GayCities Photos Los Angeles pride haus party haus San Francisco benefit haus Fire Island
PHOTOS: Christopher Street Day In Berlin
Jun 25, 2012
Some half-million revelers joined Berlin‘s annual CSD (Christopher Street Day) celebration on Saturday, making it one of the largest Pride events in Europe.
A change in the parade route brought grumblings from those wanted it to include the traditional gayborhood of Schöneberg, but the new path cut through Kreuzberg, exposing participants to another major hub of the city’s diverse LGBT community. In addition to lighthearted elements—like barely clad Lufthansa flight attendants with their uniforms painstakingly painted on their bodies—the parade observed moments of silence in front of the Jewish and gay holocaust memorials, and stopped before the Russian embassy to protest that country’s anti-gay laws.
As it does every year, CSD ended in the mid-city Tiergarten, where a festival—with performances at the iconic Brandenburg Gate—lasted well into the evening.
Click through for more imagess from CSD Berlin 2012. And submit your own Pride photos in the GayCities Pride Photo Challenge to win great prizes.
Photos: Dan Allen, Scott Nunn