- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLondon Fire Island Las Vegas San Francisco benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes Pride New York City pride haus party haus travel Photos Theater GayCities Chicago Washington DC Miami Marriage Equality Los Angeles New York
PHOTOS: Christopher Street Day In Berlin
Jun 25, 2012 by GayCities
Some half-million revelers joined Berlin‘s annual CSD (Christopher Street Day) celebration on Saturday, making it one of the largest Pride events in Europe.
A change in the parade route brought grumblings from those wanted it to include the traditional gayborhood of Schöneberg, but the new path cut through Kreuzberg, exposing participants to another major hub of the city’s diverse LGBT community. In addition to lighthearted elements—like barely clad Lufthansa flight attendants with their uniforms painstakingly painted on their bodies—the parade observed moments of silence in front of the Jewish and gay holocaust memorials, and stopped before the Russian embassy to protest that country’s anti-gay laws.
As it does every year, CSD ended in the mid-city Tiergarten, where a festival—with performances at the iconic Brandenburg Gate—lasted well into the evening.
Click through for more imagess from CSD Berlin 2012. And submit your own Pride photos in the GayCities Pride Photo Challenge to win great prizes.
Photos: Dan Allen, Scott Nunn