- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami Theater Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Chicago New York gay travel Las Vegas travel New York City Photos pride haus Fire Island Marriage Equality GayCities Los Angeles London party haus San Francisco
PHOTOS: Christopher Street Day In Berlin
Jun 25, 2012
Some half-million revelers joined Berlin‘s annual CSD (Christopher Street Day) celebration on Saturday, making it one of the largest Pride events in Europe.
A change in the parade route brought grumblings from those wanted it to include the traditional gayborhood of Schöneberg, but the new path cut through Kreuzberg, exposing participants to another major hub of the city’s diverse LGBT community. In addition to lighthearted elements—like barely clad Lufthansa flight attendants with their uniforms painstakingly painted on their bodies—the parade observed moments of silence in front of the Jewish and gay holocaust memorials, and stopped before the Russian embassy to protest that country’s anti-gay laws.
As it does every year, CSD ended in the mid-city Tiergarten, where a festival—with performances at the iconic Brandenburg Gate—lasted well into the evening.
Click through for more imagess from CSD Berlin 2012. And submit your own Pride photos in the GayCities Pride Photo Challenge to win great prizes.
Photos: Dan Allen, Scott Nunn