- Get Your Travel On With These Perfect 3-Day Weekend Getaways
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
- PHOTOS: HBO’s Looking Takes A Bite Of The Big Apple
- And The Winners Are…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC GayCities benefit haus Pride Los Angeles London Photos New York Marriage Equality New York City travel party haus Fire Island Las Vegas Miami Theater pride haus Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco
PHOTOS: Christopher Street Day In Berlin
Jun 25, 2012
Some half-million revelers joined Berlin‘s annual CSD (Christopher Street Day) celebration on Saturday, making it one of the largest Pride events in Europe.
A change in the parade route brought grumblings from those wanted it to include the traditional gayborhood of Schöneberg, but the new path cut through Kreuzberg, exposing participants to another major hub of the city’s diverse LGBT community. In addition to lighthearted elements—like barely clad Lufthansa flight attendants with their uniforms painstakingly painted on their bodies—the parade observed moments of silence in front of the Jewish and gay holocaust memorials, and stopped before the Russian embassy to protest that country’s anti-gay laws.
As it does every year, CSD ended in the mid-city Tiergarten, where a festival—with performances at the iconic Brandenburg Gate—lasted well into the evening.
Click through for more imagess from CSD Berlin 2012. And submit your own Pride photos in the GayCities Pride Photo Challenge to win great prizes.
Photos: Dan Allen, Scott Nunn