- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSbenefit haus New York Los Angeles Theater Marriage Equality Pride New York City Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes London travel GayCities pride haus Miami party haus San Francisco Fire Island Washington DC Las Vegas Photos
Montreal Scours The Globe For 2012’s Queer Of The Year. Is It You?
Jun 13, 2012
Game on, gays: The perpetually homo-loving city of Montreal just unleashed the third edition of its legendary Queer of the Year competition.
LGBT folk from across the globe—especially those loaded with personality, talent, a healthy lifestyle, community spirit and sex appeal—are encouraged to enter the contest via the contest’s Facebook page. The entry period began yesterday and runs through July 20.
Video profiles of five fabulous finalists will be introduced to the public starting on July 12. Then, the finalists themselves will be flown to Montreal in mid-August for Pride Week, where they’ll undertake wacky and provocative challenges. Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr will carry all of the latest contest developments, and for the first time this year, public votes will decide who wins.
2012’s Queer of the Year will receive $5,000 Canadian (about $4,875 US) and a round-trip Air Canada ticket for another visit to Montreal, plus a 3-night stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The other four finalists will each receive $1,000 Canadian (about $975 US).
Last year gender-warping fashion expert/entertainer Jason Wimberly (above, far right) took home the top prize.
Hosting QOTY again this year will be the hilarious Mikala Bierma, best known for the “Disappointing Gay Best Friend” series on YouTube. Here’s Mikala introducing last year’s finalists: