- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Washington DC Miami Pride London New York City Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Marriage Equality GayCities New York Photos Theater pride haus San Francisco Las Vegas party haus gay travel Los Angeles Fire Island
Montreal Scours The Globe For 2012′s Queer Of The Year. Is It You?
Jun 13, 2012 by GayCities
Game on, gays: The perpetually homo-loving city of Montreal just unleashed the third edition of its legendary Queer of the Year competition.
LGBT folk from across the globe—especially those loaded with personality, talent, a healthy lifestyle, community spirit and sex appeal—are encouraged to enter the contest via the contest’s Facebook page. The entry period began yesterday and runs through July 20.
Video profiles of five fabulous finalists will be introduced to the public starting on July 12. Then, the finalists themselves will be flown to Montreal in mid-August for Pride Week, where they’ll undertake wacky and provocative challenges. Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr will carry all of the latest contest developments, and for the first time this year, public votes will decide who wins.
2012′s Queer of the Year will receive $5,000 Canadian (about $4,875 US) and a round-trip Air Canada ticket for another visit to Montreal, plus a 3-night stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The other four finalists will each receive $1,000 Canadian (about $975 US).
Last year gender-warping fashion expert/entertainer Jason Wimberly (above, far right) took home the top prize.
Hosting QOTY again this year will be the hilarious Mikala Bierma, best known for the “Disappointing Gay Best Friend” series on YouTube. Here’s Mikala introducing last year’s finalists: