- Vote Now And Help One Of These Stoli Guy Finalists Win $10,000
- PHOTOS: Queer Pokémon Fans Stun Straight Nerds, Invade Massive PAX Convention
- The Five Kinkiest Cities In America
- Your 2014 Mr. Gay World Is A Super Hot Dance Teacher From The UK
- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Washington DC Las Vegas San Francisco Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago London GayCities New York Fire Island Marriage Equality pride haus benefit haus Theater party haus Miami travel Photos New York City
Montreal Scours The Globe For 2012′s Queer Of The Year. Is It You?
Jun 13, 2012 by GayCities
Game on, gays: The perpetually homo-loving city of Montreal just unleashed the third edition of its legendary Queer of the Year competition.
LGBT folk from across the globe—especially those loaded with personality, talent, a healthy lifestyle, community spirit and sex appeal—are encouraged to enter the contest via the contest’s Facebook page. The entry period began yesterday and runs through July 20.
Video profiles of five fabulous finalists will be introduced to the public starting on July 12. Then, the finalists themselves will be flown to Montreal in mid-August for Pride Week, where they’ll undertake wacky and provocative challenges. Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr will carry all of the latest contest developments, and for the first time this year, public votes will decide who wins.
2012′s Queer of the Year will receive $5,000 Canadian (about $4,875 US) and a round-trip Air Canada ticket for another visit to Montreal, plus a 3-night stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The other four finalists will each receive $1,000 Canadian (about $975 US).
Last year gender-warping fashion expert/entertainer Jason Wimberly (above, far right) took home the top prize.
Hosting QOTY again this year will be the hilarious Mikala Bierma, best known for the “Disappointing Gay Best Friend” series on YouTube. Here’s Mikala introducing last year’s finalists: