- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Los Angeles Photos Marriage Equality Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas pride haus party haus London San Francisco Fire Island GayCities travel Washington DC New York gay travel Chicago Pride New York City
Montreal Scours The Globe For 2012’s Queer Of The Year. Is It You?
Jun 13, 2012
Game on, gays: The perpetually homo-loving city of Montreal just unleashed the third edition of its legendary Queer of the Year competition.
LGBT folk from across the globe—especially those loaded with personality, talent, a healthy lifestyle, community spirit and sex appeal—are encouraged to enter the contest via the contest’s Facebook page. The entry period began yesterday and runs through July 20.
Video profiles of five fabulous finalists will be introduced to the public starting on July 12. Then, the finalists themselves will be flown to Montreal in mid-August for Pride Week, where they’ll undertake wacky and provocative challenges. Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr will carry all of the latest contest developments, and for the first time this year, public votes will decide who wins.
2012’s Queer of the Year will receive $5,000 Canadian (about $4,875 US) and a round-trip Air Canada ticket for another visit to Montreal, plus a 3-night stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The other four finalists will each receive $1,000 Canadian (about $975 US).
Last year gender-warping fashion expert/entertainer Jason Wimberly (above, far right) took home the top prize.
Hosting QOTY again this year will be the hilarious Mikala Bierma, best known for the “Disappointing Gay Best Friend” series on YouTube. Here’s Mikala introducing last year’s finalists: