- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
- White House Plans First National Monument To Honor Gay Rights
- Six Queer Promposals That Will Light Up Your Life
- Vintage Pics From Waikiki’s Gay Beaches Prove That Speedos Never Go Out Of Style
- PHOTOS: These Vintage Gay Pride Photos Are Absolutely Everything
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel London New York Miami Las Vegas Chicago pride haus GayCities Los Angeles Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality San Francisco Theater benefit haus New York City Washington DC Pride party haus Fire Island
Montreal Scours The Globe For 2012’s Queer Of The Year. Is It You?
Jun 13, 2012
Game on, gays: The perpetually homo-loving city of Montreal just unleashed the third edition of its legendary Queer of the Year competition.
LGBT folk from across the globe—especially those loaded with personality, talent, a healthy lifestyle, community spirit and sex appeal—are encouraged to enter the contest via the contest’s Facebook page. The entry period began yesterday and runs through July 20.
Video profiles of five fabulous finalists will be introduced to the public starting on July 12. Then, the finalists themselves will be flown to Montreal in mid-August for Pride Week, where they’ll undertake wacky and provocative challenges. Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr will carry all of the latest contest developments, and for the first time this year, public votes will decide who wins.
2012’s Queer of the Year will receive $5,000 Canadian (about $4,875 US) and a round-trip Air Canada ticket for another visit to Montreal, plus a 3-night stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The other four finalists will each receive $1,000 Canadian (about $975 US).
Last year gender-warping fashion expert/entertainer Jason Wimberly (above, far right) took home the top prize.
Hosting QOTY again this year will be the hilarious Mikala Bierma, best known for the “Disappointing Gay Best Friend” series on YouTube. Here’s Mikala introducing last year’s finalists: