- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Chicago Marriage Equality Photos New York City Theater Washington DC Pride London party haus New York San Francisco Los Angeles Las Vegas Miami GayCities gay travel Fire Island travel pride haus
PHOTOS: Seattle International Film Festival Delivers Jonathan Lisecki’s Gayby
Jun 13, 2012
Running nearly a month long, The Seattle International Film Festival is one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious. SIFF 2012 wrapped up last week. One of the highlights was the fest’s annual LGBT-interest “Gay-LA” screening on Wednesday, Jonathan Lisecki’s hysterically funny Gayby.
We caught the screening and trotted over to Capitol Hill gay lounge the Lobby Bar for the post-film reception.
Co-presented by Seattle’s Three Dollar Cinema, Gayby charts the attempts by Matt, an uptight gay New Yorker, to impregnate his longtime pal Jenn—the old-fashioned way!—even as they continue their respective dating lives. Expanded from Lisecki’s short by the same name, the film includes Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky from HBO’s Girls in supporting roles. (“Lena Dunham shot that shit after my movie,” joked the director during the Q&A.)
Lisecki (right) is pretty hysterical in the film himself as Matt’s best friend, a self-proclaimed “nelly bear.” Wolfe Video is distributing Gayby later this summer. Maybe by then Jonathan will get hooked up with a part in Girls‘ second season. Hannah needs her Stanford Blatch, right?
Click through for images from the Gayby screening at Seattle International Film Festival