- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Marriage Equality Los Angeles gay travel GayCities Las Vegas New York City New York San Francisco London Miami Chicago Washington DC party haus Theater pride haus Pride travel Fire Island Photos
PHOTOS: Seattle International Film Festival Delivers Jonathan Lisecki’s Gayby
Jun 13, 2012 by GayCities
Running nearly a month long, The Seattle International Film Festival is one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious. SIFF 2012 wrapped up last week. One of the highlights was the fest’s annual LGBT-interest “Gay-LA” screening on Wednesday, Jonathan Lisecki’s hysterically funny Gayby.
We caught the screening and trotted over to Capitol Hill gay lounge the Lobby Bar for the post-film reception.
Co-presented by Seattle’s Three Dollar Cinema, Gayby charts the attempts by Matt, an uptight gay New Yorker, to impregnate his longtime pal Jenn—the old-fashioned way!—even as they continue their respective dating lives. Expanded from Lisecki’s short by the same name, the film includes Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky from HBO’s Girls in supporting roles. (“Lena Dunham shot that shit after my movie,” joked the director during the Q&A.)
Lisecki (right) is pretty hysterical in the film himself as Matt’s best friend, a self-proclaimed “nelly bear.” Wolfe Video is distributing Gayby later this summer. Maybe by then Jonathan will get hooked up with a part in Girls‘ second season. Hannah needs her Stanford Blatch, right?
Click through for images from the Gayby screening at Seattle International Film Festival