- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
- PHOTOS: This Is A Vanderpump Brunch
- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas pride haus Los Angeles Marriage Equality GayCities Fire Island Miami benefit haus Pride New York San Francisco New York City London Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes Photos party haus Theater Washington DC travel
PHOTOS: Seattle International Film Festival Delivers Jonathan Lisecki’s Gayby
Jun 13, 2012 by GayCities
Running nearly a month long, The Seattle International Film Festival is one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious. SIFF 2012 wrapped up last week. One of the highlights was the fest’s annual LGBT-interest “Gay-LA” screening on Wednesday, Jonathan Lisecki’s hysterically funny Gayby.
We caught the screening and trotted over to Capitol Hill gay lounge the Lobby Bar for the post-film reception.
Co-presented by Seattle’s Three Dollar Cinema, Gayby charts the attempts by Matt, an uptight gay New Yorker, to impregnate his longtime pal Jenn—the old-fashioned way!—even as they continue their respective dating lives. Expanded from Lisecki’s short by the same name, the film includes Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky from HBO’s Girls in supporting roles. (“Lena Dunham shot that shit after my movie,” joked the director during the Q&A.)
Lisecki (right) is pretty hysterical in the film himself as Matt’s best friend, a self-proclaimed “nelly bear.” Wolfe Video is distributing Gayby later this summer. Maybe by then Jonathan will get hooked up with a part in Girls‘ second season. Hannah needs her Stanford Blatch, right?
Click through for images from the Gayby screening at Seattle International Film Festival