- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMiami travel Jeffrey James Keyes London Las Vegas New York City Los Angeles Washington DC Fire Island benefit haus party haus pride haus Theater San Francisco New York Photos GayCities Marriage Equality Chicago Pride
PHOTOS: Seattle International Film Festival Delivers Jonathan Lisecki’s Gayby
Jun 13, 2012
Running nearly a month long, The Seattle International Film Festival is one of the nation’s largest and most prestigious. SIFF 2012 wrapped up last week. One of the highlights was the fest’s annual LGBT-interest “Gay-LA” screening on Wednesday, Jonathan Lisecki’s hysterically funny Gayby.
We caught the screening and trotted over to Capitol Hill gay lounge the Lobby Bar for the post-film reception.
Co-presented by Seattle’s Three Dollar Cinema, Gayby charts the attempts by Matt, an uptight gay New Yorker, to impregnate his longtime pal Jenn—the old-fashioned way!—even as they continue their respective dating lives. Expanded from Lisecki’s short by the same name, the film includes Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky from HBO’s Girls in supporting roles. (“Lena Dunham shot that shit after my movie,” joked the director during the Q&A.)
Lisecki (right) is pretty hysterical in the film himself as Matt’s best friend, a self-proclaimed “nelly bear.” Wolfe Video is distributing Gayby later this summer. Maybe by then Jonathan will get hooked up with a part in Girls‘ second season. Hannah needs her Stanford Blatch, right?
Click through for images from the Gayby screening at Seattle International Film Festival