- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
- PHOTOS: It Was All Skin & Leather And Little Else At Folsom Street Fair
- Two Guys Hit The Open Road To Relive James Dean’s Last Day
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride New York Marriage Equality London travel Fire Island Chicago Miami Las Vegas San Francisco party haus Theater New York City GayCities Photos pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC benefit haus Los Angeles
PHOTOS: Fleet Week 2012, Or Who Really Doesn’t Like A Man In Uniform?
May 29, 2012
Fleet Week 2012 is winding down in New York City, and everyone’s been rushing around this weekend trying to get some face time with the able-bodied seamen and ladies pouring onto the island of Manhattan. It was truly inspiring to see openly gay Marines and sailors shaking hands, dancing and kissing at queer watering holes like the Ritz and Blazing Saddles. Even more impressive were the straight comrades who tagged along with their gay buddies and enjoyed the attention of patriotic fans of every orientation.
While we didn’t capture any of the shenanigans at the clubs (Don’t Ask Don’t Tell still applies in some places), we did get some candid snaps of our men and women in uniform around the city—including partying with celebs like Will Smith and Katy Perry. A heartfelt thanks to all of those—gay, straight and bi—who defend our nation.
Got a juicy Fleet Week story? Share it in the comments or post it on Facebook (and include photos!)
Click through for more photos from Fleet Week 2012
Photo: Lawrence Ferber, U.S. Navy, NYCMarines, Facebook