- Art And Culture Are Alive And Well In Los Angeles
- Fifteen Trending Places To Visit 2015
- Photo Exhibit Celebrates Art & AIDS: Amor y Pasión
- Here Are Six Awesome Los Angeles Neighborhoods You Should Be Hanging Out In
- Need To Get Away From Los Angeles? If You Must, Here Are Some Ideas
- PHOTOS: An Intimate Glimpse At The Gay Male Escorts Of Amsterdam
- Open Up And Eat Your Way Through L.A. There Is Plenty Here To Nibble On
- Here Are The Top Ten Kinkiest Cities In America. Sir, Yes, Sir!
- PHOTOS: An Invitation Only Glimpse Behind the Fashion Week Curtain With Photographer Christopher Logan
- PHOTOS: Bianca Del Rio And Michael Musto Hosted The Unforgettable GLAM Awards
- PHOTOS: Alyssa Edwards, Alaska, Rhea Litre, And Others Show Off Their Manicures In New Davide Laffe Video
- Vote Now For Your Favorite Rising Stars In The OutMusic Awards
- PHOTOS: 30 Amazing Cruise Images On The 30th Anniversary Of The Great RSVP
- Seven Countries You Love That Don’t Treat Us Equally
- PHOTOS: “Looking” Fans in Los Angeles Get Sexy Sneak Peak
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Photos San Francisco Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus Pride party haus London travel GayCities Chicago Las Vegas Theater Washington DC Miami New York pride haus New York City Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: Fleet Week 2012, Or Who Really Doesn’t Like A Man In Uniform?
May 29, 2012
Fleet Week 2012 is winding down in New York City, and everyone’s been rushing around this weekend trying to get some face time with the able-bodied seamen and ladies pouring onto the island of Manhattan. It was truly inspiring to see openly gay Marines and sailors shaking hands, dancing and kissing at queer watering holes like the Ritz and Blazing Saddles. Even more impressive were the straight comrades who tagged along with their gay buddies and enjoyed the attention of patriotic fans of every orientation.
While we didn’t capture any of the shenanigans at the clubs (Don’t Ask Don’t Tell still applies in some places), we did get some candid snaps of our men and women in uniform around the city—including partying with celebs like Will Smith and Katy Perry. A heartfelt thanks to all of those—gay, straight and bi—who defend our nation.
Got a juicy Fleet Week story? Share it in the comments or post it on Facebook (and include photos!)
Click through for more photos from Fleet Week 2012
Photo: Lawrence Ferber, U.S. Navy, NYCMarines, Facebook