- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York New York City pride haus Marriage Equality Miami Chicago travel Theater Washington DC Las Vegas Los Angeles GayCities Pride gay travel Photos party haus Fire Island London Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco
PHOTOS: Fleet Week 2012, Or Who Really Doesn’t Like A Man In Uniform?
May 29, 2012
Fleet Week 2012 is winding down in New York City, and everyone’s been rushing around this weekend trying to get some face time with the able-bodied seamen and ladies pouring onto the island of Manhattan. It was truly inspiring to see openly gay Marines and sailors shaking hands, dancing and kissing at queer watering holes like the Ritz and Blazing Saddles. Even more impressive were the straight comrades who tagged along with their gay buddies and enjoyed the attention of patriotic fans of every orientation.
While we didn’t capture any of the shenanigans at the clubs (Don’t Ask Don’t Tell still applies in some places), we did get some candid snaps of our men and women in uniform around the city—including partying with celebs like Will Smith and Katy Perry. A heartfelt thanks to all of those—gay, straight and bi—who defend our nation.
Got a juicy Fleet Week story? Share it in the comments or post it on Facebook (and include photos!)
Click through for more photos from Fleet Week 2012
Photo: Lawrence Ferber, U.S. Navy, NYCMarines, Facebook