- 2 Dollar Clothing Store Is WeHo’s Best-Kept Shopping Secret
- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York City London Fire Island Las Vegas Photos Los Angeles Chicago Jeffrey James Keyes pride haus benefit haus Theater GayCities party haus Washington DC Miami travel San Francisco New York Marriage Equality Pride
PHOTOS: Turning Japanese At The First-Ever Tokyo Rainbow Pride Parade
May 01, 2012
Tokyo celebrated its first Tokyo Rainbow Pride parade on Sunday, April 29, as thousands of marchers walked through Shibuya and Harajuku.
Speakers at the event—which is separate from Tokyo Pride, which is held August 11—included Japan’s first two openly gay politicians, Taiga Ishikawa and Wataru Ishizaka, trans politician Aya Kamikawa, members of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan and representatives from the U.S. Consul General of Osaka. Members of the U.S. military were on hand as well, marching with OutServe.
The event coincided with the start of Golden Week—Japan’s major holiday season— and also included drag shows, traditional dance and a video greeting from pop star and gay icon Ayumi Hamasaki, whose song “How Beautiful You Are” was chanted by the crowd.
Click through for more photos from Tokyo Rainbow Pride
Photos: Steve75, Tokyo Rainbow Pride