- 2 Dollar Clothing Store Is WeHo’s Best-Kept Shopping Secret
- Nine Reasons Thanksgiving Is Even Gayer Than Halloween
- Seven San Francisco Can’t-Miss Events During The Holiday Season Of Love
- Palms Place Hotel: Las Vegas Luxury For Less
- Time-Traveling George Takei Lands On Broadway At Last
- PHOTOS: In San Francisco, Even State Legislators Love Booty Call
- 12 More Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- 12 Very Real Modern Urban Gay Problems Told In Memes
- Mustache Mondays, L.A.’s Hottest Monday Night Party, Moves Up In Downtown
- Six Reasons Gays Own Halloween In New Orleans
- Stroke Artwork Goes From Under The Mattress To Out In The Open
- Bro-Jobs, Beards, And Obama: 10 Great Fall Reading Recommendations For Book Nerds
- Five Questions And Answers About The Magic Castle In Hollywood
- Diary Of A Bad Date, But An Amazing Meal, At Otto Pizzeria in Las Vegas
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes travel pride haus London New York party haus San Francisco Washington DC Fire Island Los Angeles Las Vegas GayCities Chicago Miami Theater New York City Photos Marriage Equality benefit haus Pride
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Blow Up Party Goes Out With A Bang
Apr 24, 2012
Friday the 13th typically conjures images of a machete yielding man in a hockey mask. But this Friday the 13th, at San Francisco’s D.N.A. Lounge, was thankfully more about club kids and go-go pharaohs. The closing night of the great pansexual Blow Up party took us back stylistically to the ancient Egyptians and turned D.N.A into a sea of shimmering gold suited for the queens of the land. From gold lipstick to gold jackets and skivvies, Blow Up was destined to be carved into the stone of memory and remembered for ages.
After all, who could forget DJ Jeffrey Paradise carrying around a skull for the requisite mummy reference and a few giggles ?
Blow Up, always good for an outlandish costume and a laugh, was saying goodbye. But like all SF parties, it is sure to resurface in a new form some time or another.
But to remember the glory days, give yourself over to the Pharaohness that was Blow Up at D.N.A Lounge.
Click through for more photos from Blow Up at San Francisco’s DNA Lounge
photos by Attic Floc