- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Pride London Chicago Theater benefit haus Photos Marriage Equality Miami New York pride haus Las Vegas party haus GayCities Washington DC Los Angeles Fire Island New York City San Francisco Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Blow Up Party Goes Out With A Bang
Apr 24, 2012 by GayCities
Friday the 13th typically conjures images of a machete yielding man in a hockey mask. But this Friday the 13th, at San Francisco’s D.N.A. Lounge, was thankfully more about club kids and go-go pharaohs. The closing night of the great pansexual Blow Up party took us back stylistically to the ancient Egyptians and turned D.N.A into a sea of shimmering gold suited for the queens of the land. From gold lipstick to gold jackets and skivvies, Blow Up was destined to be carved into the stone of memory and remembered for ages.
After all, who could forget DJ Jeffrey Paradise carrying around a skull for the requisite mummy reference and a few giggles ?
Blow Up, always good for an outlandish costume and a laugh, was saying goodbye. But like all SF parties, it is sure to resurface in a new form some time or another.
But to remember the glory days, give yourself over to the Pharaohness that was Blow Up at D.N.A Lounge.
Click through for more photos from Blow Up at San Francisco’s DNA Lounge
photos by Attic Floc