- Queerty’s V-Day Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win
- A Portland Feminist Explains How To Drink The World’s Best Beer Like A Woman
- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles London benefit haus Chicago New York City Photos Fire Island Miami Pride travel Marriage Equality Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes party haus pride haus Theater GayCities San Francisco New York Las Vegas
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Blow Up Party Goes Out With A Bang
Apr 24, 2012
Friday the 13th typically conjures images of a machete yielding man in a hockey mask. But this Friday the 13th, at San Francisco’s D.N.A. Lounge, was thankfully more about club kids and go-go pharaohs. The closing night of the great pansexual Blow Up party took us back stylistically to the ancient Egyptians and turned D.N.A into a sea of shimmering gold suited for the queens of the land. From gold lipstick to gold jackets and skivvies, Blow Up was destined to be carved into the stone of memory and remembered for ages.
After all, who could forget DJ Jeffrey Paradise carrying around a skull for the requisite mummy reference and a few giggles ?
Blow Up, always good for an outlandish costume and a laugh, was saying goodbye. But like all SF parties, it is sure to resurface in a new form some time or another.
But to remember the glory days, give yourself over to the Pharaohness that was Blow Up at D.N.A Lounge.
Click through for more photos from Blow Up at San Francisco’s DNA Lounge
photos by Attic Floc