- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater GayCities Pride Miami travel London pride haus Chicago party haus Washington DC New York Photos New York City gay travel Los Angeles Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes San Francisco Las Vegas Marriage Equality
PHOTOS: San Francisco’s Blow Up Party Goes Out With A Bang
Apr 24, 2012
Friday the 13th typically conjures images of a machete yielding man in a hockey mask. But this Friday the 13th, at San Francisco’s D.N.A. Lounge, was thankfully more about club kids and go-go pharaohs. The closing night of the great pansexual Blow Up party took us back stylistically to the ancient Egyptians and turned D.N.A into a sea of shimmering gold suited for the queens of the land. From gold lipstick to gold jackets and skivvies, Blow Up was destined to be carved into the stone of memory and remembered for ages.
After all, who could forget DJ Jeffrey Paradise carrying around a skull for the requisite mummy reference and a few giggles ?
Blow Up, always good for an outlandish costume and a laugh, was saying goodbye. But like all SF parties, it is sure to resurface in a new form some time or another.
But to remember the glory days, give yourself over to the Pharaohness that was Blow Up at D.N.A Lounge.
Click through for more photos from Blow Up at San Francisco’s DNA Lounge
photos by Attic Floc