- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles Las Vegas Marriage Equality New York GayCities Pride New York City travel Theater Chicago gay travel Washington DC London pride haus Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Fire Island party haus San Francisco Photos
Manscaping, Chris Colfer and Kylie: What’s Gay At This Year’s Tribeca Film Festival?
Apr 16, 2012
Struck by Lightning
Dir. Brian Dannelly. Starring Chris Colfer, Alison Janney, Sarah Hyland, Christina Hendricks
Not many young gay actors could get their first screenplay turned into a film starring Janney and Hendricks, but most aren’t Glee‘s Chris Colfer, who wrote and stars in Lightning as a high-school journalist recalling the last weeks of his life before getting hit by a bolt from the blue. If you like fast-paced, charming comedies set in conformity-loving high schools, you should enjoy this new effort from out director Brian Dannelly (Saved!).