- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
- Love Conquers All For These Gorgeous LGBT Globetrotters
- The Queens Fought Back And Won. Now The Stonewall Inn Wins Historic Landmark Designation
- Nick Adams, Laverne Cox, Bianca Del Rio Celebrate The Top Bottoms Of Broadway Bares
- Five Things We Love About New York Pride
- PHOTOS: Decades Of Pride In Amazing Images
- PHOTOS: The World’s Best Nude Beaches, 2015 Edition
- Five Amazing Off The Beaten Path Prides To Check Out
- Eat Your Heart Out Mark Twain: San Francisco Is Set For Another Glorious Summer
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Las Vegas Chicago Los Angeles Marriage Equality Fire Island New York San Francisco London Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC New York City Miami benefit haus Theater travel pride haus party haus GayCities Photos
PHOTOS: Coming Out for Philadelphia’s International Flower Show
Mar 13, 2012
What happens when you combine the gays, pretty flower arrangements and cocktails? Well, take a look at our photos and you’ll get the idea, thanks to the Philadelphia International Flower show, March 5.
Philip Watson, author of Pleasure Gardens, joined Philadelphia Horticultural Society President Drew Becher in greeting guests this year’s show, Hawaii: Islands of Aloha, which brought a spectacular Hawaii Village scene to the streets of Philadelphia. Guests were treated tp dramatic projections of crashing waves and an over-the-top, ornate display of over 2,000 white orchids, towering palms, bamboo, green walls, and a plant canopy evoking the Hawaiian rainforest.
Philly has the only LGBT night at a flower show, at least that we know of. But, really, the gays flock to almost any flower show. It’s spring and there’s plenty of time to bloom. Chicago’s Flower & Garden Show, appropriately called “Hort Couture,” is currently in bloom at the Navy Pier. Boston’s Flower & Garden Show kicks off March 14 at the Seaport World Trade Center, followed by San Francisco‘s “Gardens for a Green Earth” Flower & Garden Show.
Photos courtesy of Jessica Vermeer Hawkes and the Philadelphia Horticulture Society
Check out the slideshow of flowers and their fans…