- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Boston Winner Davy D Puts On A Show-Stopping Performance
- 13 Most Wanted Men: Andy Warhol Created A Scandal At The 1964 World’s Fair
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Fort Lauderdale Winner Michael Has The Entire Package
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Dallas Winner Davidré Dead Drops To The Top
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Denver Winner David Serves A Sickening Stage Presence
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco Las Vegas party haus pride haus London Miami Theater Photos Pride New York New York City Los Angeles benefit haus Fire Island Marriage Equality Washington DC travel Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago GayCities
PHOTOS: Coming Out for Philadelphia’s International Flower Show
Mar 13, 2012 by GayCities
What happens when you combine the gays, pretty flower arrangements and cocktails? Well, take a look at our photos and you’ll get the idea, thanks to the Philadelphia International Flower show, March 5.
Philip Watson, author of Pleasure Gardens, joined Philadelphia Horticultural Society President Drew Becher in greeting guests this year’s show, Hawaii: Islands of Aloha, which brought a spectacular Hawaii Village scene to the streets of Philadelphia. Guests were treated tp dramatic projections of crashing waves and an over-the-top, ornate display of over 2,000 white orchids, towering palms, bamboo, green walls, and a plant canopy evoking the Hawaiian rainforest.
Philly has the only LGBT night at a flower show, at least that we know of. But, really, the gays flock to almost any flower show. It’s spring and there’s plenty of time to bloom. Chicago’s Flower & Garden Show, appropriately called “Hort Couture,” is currently in bloom at the Navy Pier. Boston’s Flower & Garden Show kicks off March 14 at the Seaport World Trade Center, followed by San Francisco‘s “Gardens for a Green Earth” Flower & Garden Show.
Photos courtesy of Jessica Vermeer Hawkes and the Philadelphia Horticulture Society
Check out the slideshow of flowers and their fans…