- Bet You Don’t Know This About The Castro’s Fabulous New Sidewalks
- Win An Incredible Vacation To San Francisco For Pride & Much More
- Dan Savage On How To Make A Crowd-Pleasing NSFW Video
- 10 Spring Reading Recommendations For All You Sexy Book Nerds
- Brent Everett’s Real-Life “Throuple” Relationship Inspired A Romance Novel
- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- 13 Guaranteed Ways To Fail At Picking Up Someone Up At A Bar From A Castro Bartender
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Los Angeles New York City Pride Photos Jeffrey James Keyes Washington DC Chicago benefit haus Fire Island GayCities Miami party haus Las Vegas travel pride haus Theater San Francisco London New York
PHOTOS: Coming Out for Philadelphia’s International Flower Show
Mar 13, 2012
What happens when you combine the gays, pretty flower arrangements and cocktails? Well, take a look at our photos and you’ll get the idea, thanks to the Philadelphia International Flower show, March 5.
Philip Watson, author of Pleasure Gardens, joined Philadelphia Horticultural Society President Drew Becher in greeting guests this year’s show, Hawaii: Islands of Aloha, which brought a spectacular Hawaii Village scene to the streets of Philadelphia. Guests were treated tp dramatic projections of crashing waves and an over-the-top, ornate display of over 2,000 white orchids, towering palms, bamboo, green walls, and a plant canopy evoking the Hawaiian rainforest.
Philly has the only LGBT night at a flower show, at least that we know of. But, really, the gays flock to almost any flower show. It’s spring and there’s plenty of time to bloom. Chicago’s Flower & Garden Show, appropriately called “Hort Couture,” is currently in bloom at the Navy Pier. Boston’s Flower & Garden Show kicks off March 14 at the Seaport World Trade Center, followed by San Francisco‘s “Gardens for a Green Earth” Flower & Garden Show.
Photos courtesy of Jessica Vermeer Hawkes and the Philadelphia Horticulture Society
Check out the slideshow of flowers and their fans…