- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- Ten Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- Meanwhile in London… 12 UK Gay Scene DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
- 5 Reasons The Death Of Gayborhoods Is Highly Exaggerated
- Mark Your Calendars, New Yorkers
- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles gay travel Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Pride Las Vegas Miami party haus Chicago New York City Photos pride haus London Marriage Equality San Francisco Washington DC New York travel GayCities Theater
PHOTOS: LGBT Activists Protest St. Petersburg’s Anti-Gay Law In Antwerp, Paris, Berlin, And NYC
Feb 29, 2012 by GayCities
This photo is the only one we have from protestors in St. Petersburg itself, where a law that would ban “promotion of homosexuality” passed the legislature today, despite the fact that AllOut.org held a “Global Day of Action Against Anti-Gay Censorship in Russia” yesterday. AllOut has gathered over 66,000 signatures on an online petition (sign it!) demanding that St. Petersburg regional governor not sign the anti-gay bill, or risk suffering the consequence of lessened tourism.
Protestors came out in Berlin, New York City, Antwerp, Paris, and Buenos Aires to tell Gov. Poltavchenko: Don’t go there.
Click through to see the photos of AllOut protests from all over the world!