- Everything You Need To Know To Live The Gay Fantasy At Burning Man
- PHOTOS: The Men of Fire Island Rise for Ascension 2014
- And The Winning #EqualityInColor Pride Photo Is…
- A Glimpse into the World of Montreal Photographer Jean-François Portelance
- PHOTOS: 16 Reasons To Get Into The Gay Games
- The 8 Best Clothing-Optional Resorts To Satisfy Your Inner Nudist
- PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes with the Montreal’s Showgirls, GoGo Dancers, and DJs
- PHOTOS: Glamberts Glitter In Briefs At LA Pool Party
- PHOTOS: Is Amsterdam’s Canal Parade The Most Festive Pride On The Planet?
- Montreal Gays Sound Off On What Makes Them Special!
- Gays Are Winning The Culture War And Here’s Why
- Tom Waddell Created The Gay Games To Change The World. His Dream Is Coming True
- PHOTOS: Stoli Guys Of The South
- Explore Dublin, London And Paris With The Spirit of Oscar Wilde
- PHOTOS: Montréal Prepares for the Biggest Divers/Cité Yet
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLos Angeles London pride haus New York Chicago New York City Theater Fire Island San Francisco travel party haus benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Pride Washington DC Marriage Equality GayCities Photos Las Vegas
State Of Illinois Launches New Official LGBT Travel Site
Feb 14, 2012 by GayCities
Gay travelers heading to Chicago or other parts of Illinois will now find it easier to locate queer-friendly accommodations and events: The state has just launched a new LGBT channel on the official Visit Illinois website.
Gov. Pat Quinn announced the launch of “Pride Illinois” on Saturday, explaining that it will allow Illinois to meet the needs of LGBT travelers and support the state’s growing tourism industry. “Pride Illinois” offers detailed info on popular queer Windy City events like Chicago Pride, North Halsted Market Days, Pride Day at Wrigley Field and the Reeling Film Festival.
In January, Quinn signed legislation granting same-sex couples the same legal rights as married heterosexual couples.Last week, openly gay state legislators Greg Harris, Deb Mell and Kelly Cassidy announced efforts to introduce a formal marriage-equality bill.