- The Great Gay Invasion Of DTLA Has Begun
- Why Hiking The Southern California Mountains Is Having A Gay Moment
- Lady Gaga Tumbles, Willam Belli Is A Lady At Pump WeHo
- V Wine Room Makes The Classy WeHo Boys (Mis)Behave
- Santa Monica Beach Makes (Watching) Workouts Sexy
- Downtown LA Breathes With New Eats, New Shops, New Life
- L.A.’s Dancing Boys Gather At ‘One Trick Pony’
- The Beautiful Beaches And Boys Of Laguna
- PHOTOS: Leather Daddies Rule The Streets At San Francisco’s Up Your Alley
- You’ll Flip For The Sexy Men’s Swimwear At Miami Beach Fashion Week
- WATCH: Two Cute Guys Ride To Luxury Hotel For A Surprise Challenge
- PHOTOS: Fifteen Things We Love About NYC Pride 2015
- Get Your Marriage On At These Five Perfect San Francisco Places
- Seven Tips To Surviving & Thriving At San Francisco Pride
- Here Are Eight Awesome Can’t Miss NYC Pride Events
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSMarriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago Las Vegas Miami pride haus Pride Photos travel San Francisco party haus London GayCities Theater New York Washington DC Los Angeles New York City benefit haus Fire Island
State Of Illinois Launches New Official LGBT Travel Site
Feb 14, 2012
Gay travelers heading to Chicago or other parts of Illinois will now find it easier to locate queer-friendly accommodations and events: The state has just launched a new LGBT channel on the official Visit Illinois website.
Gov. Pat Quinn announced the launch of “Pride Illinois” on Saturday, explaining that it will allow Illinois to meet the needs of LGBT travelers and support the state’s growing tourism industry. “Pride Illinois” offers detailed info on popular queer Windy City events like Chicago Pride, North Halsted Market Days, Pride Day at Wrigley Field and the Reeling Film Festival.
In January, Quinn signed legislation granting same-sex couples the same legal rights as married heterosexual couples.Last week, openly gay state legislators Greg Harris, Deb Mell and Kelly Cassidy announced efforts to introduce a formal marriage-equality bill.