- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities New York City party haus Washington DC pride haus gay travel Fire Island Marriage Equality Las Vegas Miami Theater Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Chicago travel San Francisco Los Angeles New York London
PHOTOS: San Franciscans Celebrates A Blow To Hate With Prop 8 Ruling
Feb 10, 2012
While the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal’s Prop 8 ruling doesn’t automatically mean a win in California, it’s certainly a step in the right direction. And before we begin to fret that the right to marry in the Golden State now rests with a right-wing Supreme Court clique (who never invites us to eat lunch with them on the playground), there was plenty of hootin’ and hollering when the verdict was announced.
Click through for photos from the San Francisco courthouse as the decision was read.
Images via Dina Boyer