- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSChicago Fire Island Pride GayCities pride haus Miami gay travel New York Las Vegas Jeffrey James Keyes travel Photos Los Angeles New York City Washington DC Marriage Equality London San Francisco Theater party haus
Hunky Gay Doctor To Run For Gabrielle Giffords’ Congressional Seat
Feb 01, 2012
We may have found our perfect man: Matt Heinz is an openly gay doctor, dedicated civil servant, and now, a candidate for Gabrielle Giffords’ congressional seat.
The Democratic state Representative from Tucson, AZ, announced yesterday that he would be running as Giffords’ replacement, reports the Phoenix New Times. He’s the first person to jump into the race.
“It is with deep respect for Congresswoman Giffords and her work that I humbly submit my candidacy to the people of southern Arizona,” Heinz said in a statement. “Gabby has come so far in her recovery, and I wish her continued healing. Gabby put southern Arizona before party or ideology and that legacy must be continued.”
“I will use my skills as a doctor and legislator to solve problems and help create jobs in this difficult economy,” Heinz continues. “Working with both parties, we must rebuild our infrastructure, lower health care costs, create new sources of energy and support education to accelerate the economy in southern Arizona.”
Paging Dr. Heinz: are you single? We’d make a great First Lady if you run for governor.
Photo: Matt Heinz