- 5 Nightlife Gems You Can Only Find In Portland
- 5 Fascinating Facts About The Country’s Longest Continuously Running Drag Show
- A Black Queer Trans Portlander Reveals A Side Of The City You Won’t See On Portlandia
- Chug-A-Lug Gurl! Gay Beer Turns 25
- 11 Things To Do In San Francisco With Your GBFFs
- In Praise Of Tiny Gay Bars
- Your Favorite Cities And Travel Destinations?: The Winners Are…
- David Bowie Fans Gather For Massive Sing-Along In South London
- Six Classic Works Of Gay Literature Everyone Should Read In The New Year
- Smart & Sexy Locals Tell You Where To Hang Out In Madrid & Barcelona
- Some Like It Hot: The 12 Very Best Party Haus Galleries Of 2015
- Why San Francisco Is The World’s Gay Mecca
- Pedro’s Spain: 8 of Almodóvar’s Most Iconic Film Locations
- The Best Destinations And Gayborhoods Around The World? You Decide!
- 25 Amazing Photographs That’ll Make You Want To Visit Spain
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSLas Vegas Theater travel New York pride haus Los Angeles New York City Fire Island Chicago benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes party haus Photos GayCities London Pride Washington DC Marriage Equality Miami San Francisco
Hunky Gay Doctor To Run For Gabrielle Giffords’ Congressional Seat
Feb 01, 2012
We may have found our perfect man: Matt Heinz is an openly gay doctor, dedicated civil servant, and now, a candidate for Gabrielle Giffords’ congressional seat.
The Democratic state Representative from Tucson, AZ, announced yesterday that he would be running as Giffords’ replacement, reports the Phoenix New Times. He’s the first person to jump into the race.
“It is with deep respect for Congresswoman Giffords and her work that I humbly submit my candidacy to the people of southern Arizona,” Heinz said in a statement. “Gabby has come so far in her recovery, and I wish her continued healing. Gabby put southern Arizona before party or ideology and that legacy must be continued.”
“I will use my skills as a doctor and legislator to solve problems and help create jobs in this difficult economy,” Heinz continues. “Working with both parties, we must rebuild our infrastructure, lower health care costs, create new sources of energy and support education to accelerate the economy in southern Arizona.”
Paging Dr. Heinz: are you single? We’d make a great First Lady if you run for governor.
Photo: Matt Heinz