- 12 Amazing Ways To Enjoy San Francisco (Including The Hunky Jesus Contest)
- The Fast And The Fabulous: Gay Couple Enjoys Ride Of Their Lives On Their Own Private Speedway
- Kiss & Tell: These Photos Of Same Love Speak A Thousand Words
- PHOTOS: Miss Fame And The New Crop Of Ru Girls Live It Up At The Diamond Horseshoe
- The Love That Never Stops Speaking Its Name
- Take A “Looking” Tour Of San Francisco With Seven Hotspots
- These Photos Of Same-Sex Love Show Why We Are Changing The World Every Day
- Kiss & Tell: Show Us Your Love Pics And Win A Trip To San Francisco
- PHOTOS: It’s All Leather And Fur For These Fashion Week Models
- We Love The Nightlife! Shake Your Groove Thing And Party Like A Rock Star in L.A.
- GayCities Kiss Photo Contest: Hit It, Submit It & Win A Trip To San Francisco
- Don’t Miss These Unique, Off-The-Beaten-Path Gems of Los Angeles
- Paradise Found: San Francisco May Be Getting Its Very Own Leather-Themed Park
- It’s A Sunshine Day! Here Are Some Of Our Favorite Ways To Enjoy The Los Angeles Outdoors
- Ten Kisses That Changed The World
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel Pride Los Angeles party haus GayCities New York London Fire Island Las Vegas Photos Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes benefit haus San Francisco pride haus Marriage Equality Theater Chicago Miami New York City
BREAKING: NH Gov John Lynch Will Veto GOP Attempt To Repeal Gay Marriage
Jan 31, 2012
While Republicans in New Hampshire stage a disorganized attempt to leverage their majorities in the House and State Senate for a repeal of same-sex marriage, Democratic Governor John Lynch made a commitment to vetoing the bill today in his State of the State address.
“New Hampshire has a long and proud tradition of fighting for the rights of all of our people and a tradition of leaving people alone to pursue their own happiness. As Governor, I intended to uphold that centuries-old tradition and I will stand firm against any legislation that will strip any of our citizens of their civil rights.”
Thankfully there are enough libertarian-type dissenters in the GOP ranks that an override of Lynch’s appeal looks unlikely. Perhaps NH lawmakers are listening to Ken Mehlman?
Photo: Marc Nozell