- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSWashington DC New York City GayCities Miami Fire Island London party haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes Photos Los Angeles gay travel San Francisco pride haus Las Vegas Marriage Equality Chicago New York Theater Pride
BREAKING: NH Gov John Lynch Will Veto GOP Attempt To Repeal Gay Marriage
Jan 31, 2012
While Republicans in New Hampshire stage a disorganized attempt to leverage their majorities in the House and State Senate for a repeal of same-sex marriage, Democratic Governor John Lynch made a commitment to vetoing the bill today in his State of the State address.
“New Hampshire has a long and proud tradition of fighting for the rights of all of our people and a tradition of leaving people alone to pursue their own happiness. As Governor, I intended to uphold that centuries-old tradition and I will stand firm against any legislation that will strip any of our citizens of their civil rights.”
Thankfully there are enough libertarian-type dissenters in the GOP ranks that an override of Lynch’s appeal looks unlikely. Perhaps NH lawmakers are listening to Ken Mehlman?
Photo: Marc Nozell