- PHOTOS: San Francisco’s “Up Your Alley” Street Fair Makes Folsom Look Tame
- Eleven Types Of Gay Bars And Why They Matter More Than Ever
- 12 Can’t-Miss Hits To Enjoy In The City Of Angels
- Want To Win A Stay In The Most Luxurious Hotel In Sultry New Orleans? Here’s How.
- PHOTOS: These Sexy Men Love To Strip Down For A Little Pup Play
- Gay Photographer Minor White’s Stunning Work Is Celebrated In New Retrospective
- 11 Great Places To Get Your Queer Art Fix In Los Angeles
- PHOTOS: A Rare Glimpse Into San Francisco’s Infamous Fairoaks Bathhouse
- Win A Romantic Trip To Vienna And Become A Video Star
- PHOTOS: The World’s 10 Best Gay Nude Beaches, 2014
- Stoli Guy Kicks Off Tonight: Join Jai Rodriguez For The Event Series Of The Summer
- PHOTOS: Cute Nerds Dominate GaymerX
- PHOTOS: Furries Frolic In San Francisco
- 10 Queer History Spots To Check Out In Los Angeles
- Courts Are Now Falling Over Each Other To Overturn Marriage Bans
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSSan Francisco New York City Los Angeles Photos party haus pride haus GayCities travel Pride Chicago benefit haus Jeffrey James Keyes Miami Washington DC Fire Island Las Vegas New York Marriage Equality London Theater
BREAKING: NH Gov John Lynch Will Veto GOP Attempt To Repeal Gay Marriage
Jan 31, 2012 by gaycities
While Republicans in New Hampshire stage a disorganized attempt to leverage their majorities in the House and State Senate for a repeal of same-sex marriage, Democratic Governor John Lynch made a commitment to vetoing the bill today in his State of the State address.
“New Hampshire has a long and proud tradition of fighting for the rights of all of our people and a tradition of leaving people alone to pursue their own happiness. As Governor, I intended to uphold that centuries-old tradition and I will stand firm against any legislation that will strip any of our citizens of their civil rights.”
Thankfully there are enough libertarian-type dissenters in the GOP ranks that an override of Lynch’s appeal looks unlikely. Perhaps NH lawmakers are listening to Ken Mehlman?
Photo: Marc Nozell