- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSJeffrey James Keyes Miami Las Vegas Los Angeles Theater travel San Francisco Washington DC Fire Island Photos Marriage Equality gay travel New York party haus pride haus New York City London Pride Chicago GayCities
BREAKING: NH Gov John Lynch Will Veto GOP Attempt To Repeal Gay Marriage
Jan 31, 2012 by GayCities
While Republicans in New Hampshire stage a disorganized attempt to leverage their majorities in the House and State Senate for a repeal of same-sex marriage, Democratic Governor John Lynch made a commitment to vetoing the bill today in his State of the State address.
“New Hampshire has a long and proud tradition of fighting for the rights of all of our people and a tradition of leaving people alone to pursue their own happiness. As Governor, I intended to uphold that centuries-old tradition and I will stand firm against any legislation that will strip any of our citizens of their civil rights.”
Thankfully there are enough libertarian-type dissenters in the GOP ranks that an override of Lynch’s appeal looks unlikely. Perhaps NH lawmakers are listening to Ken Mehlman?
Photo: Marc Nozell