- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSNew York San Francisco Fire Island travel Marriage Equality pride haus party haus Los Angeles gay travel London GayCities New York City Chicago Pride Las Vegas Theater Washington DC Miami Jeffrey James Keyes Photos
PHOTOS: DJ Whitney Day Heats Things Up For A Delicious GUMBO Party
Jan 25, 2012
GayCities New York Editor Jeffrey James Keyes stopped by Saturday night’s GUMBO party at Dominion in NoHo. After saying a sharing a quick G&T with promoters Ben Harvey (above left) and Casey Fitzpatrick, he stepped back into the dance floor to find DJ Whitney Day turning it on a dime for a crowd of lovable hotties and hipsters.
Day has an impeccable talent for scanning her crowd and playing exactly what they want to hear. We hadn’t been out to a GUMBO party since Shontelle and Keo Nozari worked the crowd at the Canal Room a while back. The next GUMBO invades downtown Brooklyn on February 3, when DJ Kevin Graves and DJ Bow Tie Boy bring the beats. See you there?
Click through for photos from Saturday’s spicy GUMBO party with DJ Whitney Day