- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Miami Photos Theater Marriage Equality travel Las Vegas Chicago San Francisco gay travel Pride pride haus London party haus New York Fire Island New York City Washington DC Los Angeles Jeffrey James Keyes
PHOTOS: DJ Whitney Day Heats Things Up For A Delicious GUMBO Party
Jan 25, 2012
GayCities New York Editor Jeffrey James Keyes stopped by Saturday night’s GUMBO party at Dominion in NoHo. After saying a sharing a quick G&T with promoters Ben Harvey (above left) and Casey Fitzpatrick, he stepped back into the dance floor to find DJ Whitney Day turning it on a dime for a crowd of lovable hotties and hipsters.
Day has an impeccable talent for scanning her crowd and playing exactly what they want to hear. We hadn’t been out to a GUMBO party since Shontelle and Keo Nozari worked the crowd at the Canal Room a while back. The next GUMBO invades downtown Brooklyn on February 3, when DJ Kevin Graves and DJ Bow Tie Boy bring the beats. See you there?
Click through for photos from Saturday’s spicy GUMBO party with DJ Whitney Day