- Miami Beach’s legendary Palace Bar & Grill bites the dust, last gay venue on Ocean Drive
- Amazing, never-before-published photos from the historic 1993 March on Washington for LGBTQ rights
- 10 classic gay diners to hang out at and carb load while they last
- PHOTOS: Hunky Jesus once again resurrected in San Francisco
- The annual Gay Easter Parade in New Orleans was a giant pastel feathered fête
- “Dead Boys Club,” and 9 classic, long lost queer films that can now finally be seen
- Confirmed: NYC Pride will also rise up against President Trump
- Spring is the season for blossoming new bromances
- New Orleans is about to be overrun by Jake Shears and other sexy book nerds
- It’s official! LA Pride parade canceled, replaced with protest march
- New Orleans holds a “reverse parade” opposing Trump’s antigay agenda in powerful must-see video
- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGStravel GayCities Las Vegas San Francisco London New York party haus Miami Marriage Equality Chicago New York City pride haus Theater gay travel Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Pride Los Angeles Fire Island Photos
PHOTOS: Lil’ Jon Thrills And Film Fans Chill On Sundance’s Opening Night
Jan 20, 2012
Over the next week, Evan Mulvihill will be reporting on the best gay-interest screenings, parties and panels at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. (PS: Check in on our sister site, GayCities, if you’re going!)
Last night was the official start of this year’s Sundance festivities and we hit the parties hard.
At around 1am we caught hip-hop’s Lil’ Jon spinning his track “Get Low” at Downstairs Park City while film fanatics thronged him in the VIP area. (After the line “Sweat drop down my balls,” the King of Crunk told the ladies in the crowd, “You don’t have balls! They crawl, though.”)
But the really big bash was earlier in the evening, the official Sundance opening night party at the Legacy Lounge. No rap stars (we don’t think) but lots of cute folks warming up for a week of films and fun.
Click through for pictures of cute film buffs at the Sundance Film Festival’s opening night party.