- Twinks Rule In These 10 Cities Around The World
- PHOTOS: Mile High Immersive Dinner Theater Lands In NYC’s Lower East Side
- What’s The Stoli Guy Winner Going To Do With The $10,000 Prize?
- PHOTOS: Big Freedia, Honey Soundsystem Do Austin’s Queer Music Fest
- PHOTOS: Jonathan Groff, Brent Corrigan, Politicians Do Folsom
- Behind The Harness: The Extraordinary History Of The Folsom Street Fair
- Last Day To RSVP For The Star-Studded Stoli Guy Finale In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Philadelphia Winner Mark Has The Charming Personality Of A Superstar
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Los Angeles Winner Robert Showcases His Authentic Tahitian Dancing
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Seattle Winner Sean Choreographs An Inspiring Dance Routine
- PHOTOS: The Boys Go Neon In New York City
- VOTE: Stoli Guy D.C. Winner William Struts His Stuff Like A True Professional
- VOTE: Stoli Guy San Francisco Winner Spencer Shakes What His Mama Gave Him
- VOTE: Stoli Guy Chicago Winner Jon Melts Our Hearts With An Inspiring Performance
- You’re Invited To The Stoli Guy NYC Finale With Betty Who & Blake Skjellerup
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPride Jeffrey James Keyes New York City gay travel London party haus Los Angeles Chicago San Francisco Fire Island Las Vegas GayCities pride haus Photos travel Washington DC Miami Marriage Equality Theater New York
Gay Ivy League School Offers Class on Clubbing
Nov 29, 2011 by GayCities
Ever heard the Eli saying “One in four, maybe more”? It refers to studies that put Yale’s LBGT population at 25 percent or higher. So it’s really no surprise that the so-called “Gay Ivy” has green-lighted a class called “Dance Music and Nightlife Culture in New York City.”
According to the Yale Daily News:
Seminar sessions include topics ranging from “The Scene of Harlem Cabaret” to the “The Birth of the Mega Club.” There’s even a class on “Getting Past the Velvet Rope,” a class Cross Campus could probably use. On the schedule are special guest lectures from DJs and a field trip to New York’s hottest clubs, including the Boom Boom Room. Simonez Wolf, the mastermind behind the “Red Egg pop-up clubs,” was recently a guest in the class, and he apparently has plans to bring the pop-up scene to Yale for a night.
We think they should tack on a section about gay clubbing for the “one in four.” Suggested topics of study: Britney Spears-Nicki Minaj mash-ups, advanced bathroom psychotropics and the mating habits and kandie-exchanging rituals of happy hardcore furries.