- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Jeffrey James Keyes London pride haus New York City Marriage Equality Las Vegas Los Angeles travel New York Photos Theater Miami Fire Island Washington DC Chicago San Francisco GayCities Pride gay travel
Gay Ivy League School Offers Class on Clubbing
Nov 29, 2011
Ever heard the Eli saying “One in four, maybe more”? It refers to studies that put Yale’s LBGT population at 25 percent or higher. So it’s really no surprise that the so-called “Gay Ivy” has green-lighted a class called “Dance Music and Nightlife Culture in New York City.”
According to the Yale Daily News:
Seminar sessions include topics ranging from “The Scene of Harlem Cabaret” to the “The Birth of the Mega Club.” There’s even a class on “Getting Past the Velvet Rope,” a class Cross Campus could probably use. On the schedule are special guest lectures from DJs and a field trip to New York’s hottest clubs, including the Boom Boom Room. Simonez Wolf, the mastermind behind the “Red Egg pop-up clubs,” was recently a guest in the class, and he apparently has plans to bring the pop-up scene to Yale for a night.
We think they should tack on a section about gay clubbing for the “one in four.” Suggested topics of study: Britney Spears-Nicki Minaj mash-ups, advanced bathroom psychotropics and the mating habits and kandie-exchanging rituals of happy hardcore furries.