- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
- PHOTOS: Instagram Users Respond To Orlando Tragedy In Beautiful And Creative Ways
- PHOTOS: Tributes From Around The World As Thousands Gather To Mourn Orlando Victims
- PHOTOS: Pride Takes Over Tel Aviv And It’s A Feast For The Eyes
- Meet Ben Ryan, The Nearly Naked AIDS Activist Who Can Dance
- PHOTOS: The Beautiful Boys and Gorgeous Gurls of Vallarta Pride
- PHOTOS: Long Beach Pride Marks The Beginning Of This Year’s Pride Season
- Seven Reasons Every Art Lover Must Visit The New San Francisco Modern Art Museum
- PHOTOS: This Year’s World Naked Gardening Day Was Absolutely Plantastic
- Madonna Lyrics Reimagined As Motivational Posters
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSGayCities Chicago Miami travel San Francisco Photos pride haus New York City Theater London party haus Washington DC Jeffrey James Keyes Las Vegas Pride benefit haus New York Los Angeles Marriage Equality Fire Island
Gay Ivy League School Offers Class on Clubbing
Nov 29, 2011
Ever heard the Eli saying “One in four, maybe more”? It refers to studies that put Yale’s LBGT population at 25 percent or higher. So it’s really no surprise that the so-called “Gay Ivy” has green-lighted a class called “Dance Music and Nightlife Culture in New York City.”
According to the Yale Daily News:
Seminar sessions include topics ranging from “The Scene of Harlem Cabaret” to the “The Birth of the Mega Club.” There’s even a class on “Getting Past the Velvet Rope,” a class Cross Campus could probably use. On the schedule are special guest lectures from DJs and a field trip to New York’s hottest clubs, including the Boom Boom Room. Simonez Wolf, the mastermind behind the “Red Egg pop-up clubs,” was recently a guest in the class, and he apparently has plans to bring the pop-up scene to Yale for a night.
We think they should tack on a section about gay clubbing for the “one in four.” Suggested topics of study: Britney Spears-Nicki Minaj mash-ups, advanced bathroom psychotropics and the mating habits and kandie-exchanging rituals of happy hardcore furries.