- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSTheater Chicago gay travel Los Angeles pride haus London San Francisco Las Vegas Pride Marriage Equality party haus New York New York City travel Washington DC Miami Fire Island Jeffrey James Keyes Photos GayCities
Gay Ivy League School Offers Class on Clubbing
Nov 29, 2011
Ever heard the Eli saying “One in four, maybe more”? It refers to studies that put Yale’s LBGT population at 25 percent or higher. So it’s really no surprise that the so-called “Gay Ivy” has green-lighted a class called “Dance Music and Nightlife Culture in New York City.”
According to the Yale Daily News:
Seminar sessions include topics ranging from “The Scene of Harlem Cabaret” to the “The Birth of the Mega Club.” There’s even a class on “Getting Past the Velvet Rope,” a class Cross Campus could probably use. On the schedule are special guest lectures from DJs and a field trip to New York’s hottest clubs, including the Boom Boom Room. Simonez Wolf, the mastermind behind the “Red Egg pop-up clubs,” was recently a guest in the class, and he apparently has plans to bring the pop-up scene to Yale for a night.
We think they should tack on a section about gay clubbing for the “one in four.” Suggested topics of study: Britney Spears-Nicki Minaj mash-ups, advanced bathroom psychotropics and the mating habits and kandie-exchanging rituals of happy hardcore furries.