- Packing Light: 10 Worthwhile Weekend Getaways
- PHOTOS: Halloween With The Ghouls Of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- PHOTOS: The Stunning Male Portraits Of David Armstrong Are Remembered
- PHOTOS: Minimal Effort, Maximum Exposure Costumes
- We Are In Kansas City For the World Series, And It’s Pretty Darn Gay
- 10 Things You Should Know About Gay Bars From A Castro Bartender
- 12 UK Gay DJs You Should Get To Know
- PHOTOS: Gays in the Military Exhibition
- A Deep Dive Into Identities Of Queer Teens
- Interview: Jackie Beat On The Facebook Drag War, Safe Sex & San Francisco
- PHOTOS: Vampire Dandies and Alien Princesses Take the Stage at Bowieball 2014
- PHOTOS: Sin Is In At This Year’s Hustlaball
- Trick And Treat At The Ultimate Halloween Party
- PHOTOS: Brent Corrigan And Friends Star At Austin’s LGBT Film Fest
- 8 Great Reads To Scratch Your Literary Itch This Fall
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus travel pride haus Pride Marriage Equality Photos Miami Los Angeles Theater Jeffrey James Keyes London Las Vegas Fire Island GayCities San Francisco Washington DC Chicago New York gay travel New York City
PHOTOS: Life Is Swede At Stockholm Pride 2011
Aug 08, 2011 by GayCities
Some things are universal—death, taxes, Dykes on Bikes heading up gay pride parades.
The lesbian motorcycle association led Stockholm Pride‘s street parade on Saturday, the largest LGBT gathering in Scandinavia. The march started at the Zinkensdamm sports arena in Södermalm and wrapped up in at Sergels Torg in the city center. And not even some last-minute rain could dampen the high spirits at the event, a culmination of a week of LGBT-related events. Check out our colorful slideshow above.
Have you been to Stockholm Pride—or just have an anecdote from a trip to Sweden? Share with the group in the comments below!