- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aries answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
- Seattle: Best American City for Gay Dads?
- Antarctica: Top 5 Tips For the Ultimate White Party
- Pride Season Is Not Over. Orlando Will Hold One Of The Most Important In LGBTQ History.
- Homos, FOMO and the Enduring Appeal of Paris
- PHOTOS: This Charming Texan Was Just Named America’s Top Bartender
- LGBT New Yorkers Celebrate Pride and Resilience At The Center’s Annual Garden Party
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSgay travel Las Vegas party haus travel Jeffrey James Keyes New York Photos London Los Angeles Theater Miami GayCities Pride New York City Marriage Equality pride haus San Francisco Chicago Washington DC Fire Island
PHOTOS: Mormons Gone Wild On Fire Island
Jul 07, 2011
Drag queens and Mormons and
bears twinks, oh my! 4th of July weekend on Fire Island is always an explosion of red, white and glitter, and this year there were two big reasons to bust out the sparklers. First, religious freedom gets a new face as the 17th year of IndepenDance took on a decidedly more white collar look (photos by Seth Nickerson), then the queens come rolling in as 300 lovely ladies take over Pavilion. We’re sure there were plenty of fireworks going off all night…