- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
- 5 Can’t Miss Things To Enjoy In Provincetown
- Puerto Madero is Buenos Aires answer to travelers seeking chic-waterfront neighborhoods
- Destination Weddings: Top 5 Things To Know Before Saying “I Do”
- 5 Things to enjoy in the Palermo District of Buenos Aires
- Rio de Janeiro: Let the Fun and Games Begin!
- Five Things To Know That Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Japan
- Check Out Downtown Las Vegas, Another World Beyond The Strip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSparty haus Pride GayCities New York City London New York Washington DC travel Photos pride haus gay travel Miami Los Angeles Las Vegas Marriage Equality Jeffrey James Keyes Fire Island Theater San Francisco Chicago
PHOTOS: Mormons Gone Wild On Fire Island
Jul 07, 2011
Drag queens and Mormons and
bears twinks, oh my! 4th of July weekend on Fire Island is always an explosion of red, white and glitter, and this year there were two big reasons to bust out the sparklers. First, religious freedom gets a new face as the 17th year of IndepenDance took on a decidedly more white collar look (photos by Seth Nickerson), then the queens come rolling in as 300 lovely ladies take over Pavilion. We’re sure there were plenty of fireworks going off all night…