- Winter wonderland: seven hotspots to hit the slopes this winter
- The world’s 12 gayest hot spots to ring in the New Year
- Wanna get away? Hit one of these sultry gay beaches this winter
- 9 ways San Francisco created hippie–then hipster–fashions for the world to enjoy
- PHOTOS: And the winners of the 2016 ‘Best Of GayCities’ awards are…
- PHOTOS: The annual Santa Speedo Run holiday tradition lives on
- What’s the best up-and-coming gay city in the world? You decide.
- What Is The Gayest ‘Hood In The World? You Decide.
- They Go Low, We Give $$: Ten Great LGBTQ Charities To Support In Desperate Times
- 5 Great Las Vegas Shopping Malls That Won’t Break The Bank (Unless You Want To)
- Here are the winners of two special Best of GayCities, 2016, honors…
- What Is The Gayest City In The World In 2016?
- What Are Your Favorite Travel Mementoes? We Have 4 To Check Out
- Oakland & Silicon Valley: Top Day Trips From San Francisco
- Honeymoon Travel: Top 5 Things To Know When Planning The Big Trip
Search the blog
POPULAR TAGSPhotos Theater San Francisco Los Angeles Miami gay travel Pride Jeffrey James Keyes Chicago GayCities Washington DC London party haus New York City New York pride haus travel Marriage Equality Las Vegas Fire Island
PHOTOS: Mormons Gone Wild On Fire Island
Jul 07, 2011
Drag queens and Mormons and
bears twinks, oh my! 4th of July weekend on Fire Island is always an explosion of red, white and glitter, and this year there were two big reasons to bust out the sparklers. First, religious freedom gets a new face as the 17th year of IndepenDance took on a decidedly more white collar look (photos by Seth Nickerson), then the queens come rolling in as 300 lovely ladies take over Pavilion. We’re sure there were plenty of fireworks going off all night…