Honolulu, Hawaii
Joined Aug 2010

Following 0 people

5 Loved Places


  • Woody's Washington Square West, Philadelphia
  • Tabu Lounge Market East, Philadelphia
  • Diamond Head Lighthouse Beach Honolulu (Waikiki), Waikiki
  • The Crew Club Dupont, Washington
  • FLEX Spas Cleveland Downtown, Cleveland


  • WinDaIXI
    WinDaIXI reviewed FLEX Spas Cleveland Over a year ago
    Loves it

    Definitely An Experience You Do Not Want To Miss
    The facilities are very impressive. The entire complex is an immense labyrinth the goes on and on. The outdoor pool is heated, the roof top beach has a nice skyline view of Cleveland, and all the inside facilities feel clean, not spotless but definitely very clean. The attached gym has a great selection of current equipment in good working condition. I did not have a drink at the bar but it looked okay though the bartender was not friendly. The pricing is very reasonable for what you get. My one day membership and standard room was $32.00 all together. I did not see any of the hotel parts but heard good things about them from a regular. The indoor attractions such as the pools, saunas, lounges and movie room well exceeded my expectations. The dungeons and glory hole areas were nice but more standard fair. The steam room was huge and had a primal cave man design, which i liked. However the steam room did have puddles. The standard rooms on the second floor were good, but they did not have lockers in them you instead use a locker at the front desk. The also had a large wooden bench with a pillow and sheets but not a mattress or cushion. The first floor upgraded rooms had nice beds with real sheets and duvets with a bedside stand and chair. There was plenty of room for 4-6 people if you do not mind being close. The crowd was the typical for most bathhouses that I have been to: about 10% of the guys were college age, 25% were very attractive, 40% were good looking or better and the remaining 60% were older, not in shape and less than okay looking. I had a pushiness/trailing problem with a very small portion of the older guys (2 in my case), which has never happened to me before before at other bathhouses, as soon as I was vocally loud about it in a crowded area it stopped though. A couple local regulars I talked to said Saturday nights and the Monday specials are the busiest times. I was there on a Friday night and there were probably 60-75 guys there. The location is 2600 Hamilton Ave, Yelp had another address listed that I went to first. It is in a sketchy part of the city so walk swiftly. The path was mainly just abandoned roads when I was walking there at 11:00pm. Note that you must go through the parking lot entrance to get to the entrance to the spa I walked around the building for a while trying to figure out how to get in worried that it was closed. The staff, aside from the cleaning staff who were very congenial, were not rude but they were not polite either. They were just monotonous and not well trained. No greetings when I came in or left for the night and the minor difference between not asking â

  • WinDaIXI
    WinDaIXI reviewed Diamond Head Lighthouse Beach Over a year ago
    Loves it

    New Favorite Spot
    This a great more out of the way beach. Its not usually very crowded at all which is good cuz there is somewhat limited sand space. However there are a number of elevated and more secluded areas that are great for tanning. If you hit the tides right theres a few areas where the waves are broken by rocks for gentle swimming. The crowd is usually sparser and mixed but leans towards over 40 with a few retired regulars. Sometimes its more hit and miss in terms of people than others. Everyone Ive met so far has been very friendly. There are usually also surfers and such further east on the beach where there is a water fountain and an open shower to rinse under.

  • WinDaIXI
    WinDaIXI reviewed Tabu Lounge Over a year ago
    Loves it

    Just what I wanted
    Great bar with good tv and music volume very reasonable prices and a clean organized set up. All the staff I encountered were very friendly attentive and efficient. The drinks and food I tried were well made and well prepared. I will definitely go back.

  • WinDaIXI
    WinDaIXI reviewed Woody's Over a year ago
    Hates it

    The prices were good the building was clean and the atmosphere pleasent with a nice mixed crowd. But it is probably the only bar I have been to where the bouncers are sweet polite and welcoming and the bartenders are curt persnickety and a little jerky. I will go back but I will probably avoid the areas the not so nice bartenders are working.