GayCities New York editor JJ Keyes surveyed America’s top drag queens to get a fix on their xmas gift wish list. He caught up with New York City’s Lady Bunny as she reached for something under her Christmas tree.
Lady Bunny‘s Holiday Shopping Drag Bag:
1. Tickets to The Pee-Wee Herman’s Show on Broadway are from $67.00. It’s so silly and fun that it would even lift Scrooge’s spirits. It ends on January 1st.
2. Afternoon tea for one at Tea and Sympathy at 108 Greenwich Avenue. At $35 this toasty treat is a great way to pamper yourself with yummy cakes and finger sandwiches on the best brown bread I’ve ever eaten. And I’ve eaten quite a lot. Oink!
3. Get your back dug out by a young in shape guy for only $50 an hour. You have dirty minds–I’m talking massage. It’s cheap and you never need an appointment at Yours-Spa at 235 West 18th Street in Manhattan, between 7th and 8th. It’s the same block as the Post Office so drop in to soothe your nerves after that long line to mail gifts.
4. Charities have been especially hard hit by the recession. If we don’t have enough to pay our own bills, then we aren’t donating much to the extremely needy. If you can’t donate cash, give your time and volunteer to an organization close to your heart.
5. My scandalous comedy DVD Rated X for Xtra-Retarded is on sale for only $20, including shipping and manhandling. It’s the perfect way to offend stuffy relatives–pop it in and they’ll split in a jiffy. Watch the Lady Bunny trailer.
For more New York holiday shopping ideas, check out the GayCities guide